JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

Thanks again for this wealth of information this board provides.

Though I don't have one yet, I anticipate in the near future that I will be getting a concealed carry permit and possibly start carrying. I work in a business casual environment (button down shirts, tucked into slacks). While I could keep my weapon in a drawer or in my work bag, I wouldn't really want it away from my person. Are there any comfortable, not in the pocket, solutions for a concealed handgun in this situation?

As a side note, are there any problems with living in washington county but working in multnomah, in terms of maintaining a concealed weapon?

How 'bout an ankle holster? I'm in a business casual situation and that's what I'm currently looking into.

Also once you have your CHL you're free to carry in the whole state of Oregon, regardless of county.

I pocket carry but am leaning towards an ankle holster so I can carry something larger. I tried IWB and it will just not work for me at the office.

Are there any comfortable, not in the pocket, solutions for a concealed handgun in this situation?

As a side note, are there any problems with living in washington county but working in multnomah, in terms of maintaining a concealed weapon?

What kind of firearm will you be carrying? With a smaller, lighter handgun, ankle holsters can work well. I work in a business attire climate, downtown Portland and prefer to carry a J-frame in a pocket holster. See if you can try different ankle holsters if that is what you desire, because some can be rather uncomfortable. Look for the type with some padding or cushioning to protect the ankle bone. I bought a Fobus ankle rig for my J-frame, but it rubbed the ankle bone. I solved the problem with wrist sweat bands available at sporting goods stores. I use it rarely because of that.

Larger handguns don't seem to work well for me on the ankle, but that's just me.

No problem living in Washington Co, and working in Multnomah. State laws apply equally everywhere, although enforcement can vary.

I use a Galco ankle holster for this exact reason. I find that I carry a lot of times that I would have been tempted to leave the gun at home because it would have been too difficult to conceal otherwise. I can wear pants and shirts that fit properly and I can still use my pockets.

I carry a Glock 32 in a smartcarry rig with an extra mag while wearing a suit and nobody knows the difference. I highly recommend smartcarry, especially if you want to carry a more full size handgun.

smart carry with a glock....?

i pocket carry a kel-tec in a desantis nemesis (soft holster) but it has a full double action trigger.... not sure id ever carry my G17 w/o a holster that has a hard trigger guard

... not to mention the gun is on your junk

Thank you for the good advice. I like the idea of an ankle holster. When the time comes, I am looking to carry something on the order of a glock 22 or a little smaller. I was also envisioning a thigh holster inside the pant with a zipper/flap style entry in the pant; discreet but still within arms reach at a standing position. But that seems like too much hassle to do that to all my work pants.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top