JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lance is a Google Ninja, ferreting out the finest of details...

Curiously enough, I saw one police car but no police today. Pretty much covered most of the Eugene campus...

Wondering what their position is on my daughter carrying pepper spray for self protection...

Regardless, I will encourage her to do so...

I actually live here in this community, so I know what I am talking about on this particular issue. A late friend of mine and I used to attend Duck basketball games at McArthur Court while both of us were carrying, but that was many years ago, long before these regulations. I owned the original Kahr K9 back then, and my friend carried a Sig P245 compact.

I actually had a group of students confront me on the campus a couple of years ago over my carrying an Assault Rifle on the campus. I had my camera in a bag slung over my shoulder, but I also had a long black carrying case with me, that contained a large tripod. I had not zipped the case up fully closed, and one of the round black legs of the tripod was partially visible.

The students thought is was a black rifle barrel from some kind of evil black rifle that was peeking out.

Interlectual
I don't know about the OP, but I dab a little Hoppes #9 behind each ear before I leave for work each day. It makes me feel pretty...:rolleyes::p
I personally like a mix of Hoppes No. 9 and BreakFree...

Dabs behind the ears, on the shoulders, and of course the wrists... That's a manly scent...

Only applied to a freshly showed manly individual!

I still don't understand how any 'public' university can prohibit those who have a valid CHL from carrying. Employees excluded, I understand the contract of employment prohibition. I do understand how 'private' schools or businesses can trespass someone. How does a 'public' university administrative rule trump state statue?
I would appreciate any link to the statute or legal authority that explains this.

Last Edited:
I still don't understand how any 'public' university can prohibit those who have a valid CHL from carrying. Employees excluded, I understand the contract of employment prohibition. I do understand how 'private' schools or businesses can trespass someone. How does a 'public' university administrative rule trump state statue?
I would appreciate any link to the statute or legal authority that explains this.
Because they bring in more tax dollars (revenue) than you.... so the state sees them as > you.

I'm pretty fimilar with this. I work for the govt and while I can't carry at work without risk of losing my job, it makes no sense to me when any random azz person can enter our building carrying and nothing can be done to them. On the flip side to that, if I come as a private citizen to my work place to conduct non work related business there's absolutely nothing my higher ups can do about it....really stupid imo....
I think this has more to do with liability, IE if someone comes to work and shoots up the place the employees can sue the employer for not mandating that no employee can carry.

People will be looking at one kid's mohawk, or another's piercings and tattoos, or a third's nice fully-filled T-shirt. They won't care about an old guy with a lump at his beltline.

As I understand it, anti-gun forces are working to produce some magic whereby university property will be transferred into nonprofit trusts which will by the use of unicorn horn and pixie dust transform it into publicly owned but technically private property from which the boards of governors can ban anything they like. Coming soon to a democratically controlled congress near you.

As I understand it, anti-gun forces are working to produce some magic whereby university property will be transferred into nonprofit trusts which will by the use of unicorn horn and pixie dust transform it into publicly owned but technically private property from which the boards of governors can ban anything they like. Coming soon to a democratically controlled congress near you.
Epic comment, you are so right sir !!!

You can legally carry if CCL. However, they don't always know the law and put personal bias interfere. I have never disarmed because I was on campus. If it became a problem, I have more than enough ammo to get them to reconsider. But I'm crazy that way. If asked, I'd leave. But I'd return with an appointment.

You carry it. If by some crazy chance someone discovers it you just tell them you didn't see the sign and apologize. If you can't keep it concealed well enough then carry a backpack and keep it in there in a way it's easy to get to. There's probably almost as many backpacks as there are people on a campus. If you see a detector in a door you have to enter then bring it back to the car.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top