Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CC on the Mount Hood Railroad?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Dec 6, 2009.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

We are taking my mother on the brunch excursion on the Mount Hood Railroad train tomorrow. Anyone know the security procedures/policies? Will I be able to get on with my CCW?

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Easily, the Mt hood railway like a toy train. I could recommend far better places to eat in Hood River though.

3. packman

packman coast Active Member

i don't ask if it is not state or federal statue i carry

4. Neil

Neil Portland Metro Area Member

I haven't been on the train in a couple years, but I didn't see anything posted to restrict any CCW's (back then). I also don't remeber any security personnel being there.

5. ski_dog

ski_dog Oregon Member

I was there for the Polar Express on Saturday night. You just get your ticket, walk out the door, and get on the train. There wasn't any security that I saw. I didn't see any postings of any kind either.

6. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

Well, we like the Mount Hood RR experience, even though we have to go almost 5000 miles or more to take the ride.

But I have a load of pix of the train depot inside and out, and surrounding buildings, and there is no mention of any kind of restriction on carrying that I can see.

tac

7. Logical1

Logical1 southeast portland, OR Member

Ive been on a few of the train rides/dinner murder mysteries and even thomas the train. I never saw anything that stated about no weapons allowed, but being that its not a federal or state train ride I didnt look very hard either. I carried each time and of course if its concealed who knows anyway. But I did leave my bandana at home so I didnt look like a train robber...lol

8. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I work on the Railroad and it is illegal for anyone but law enforcement to carry a weapon on R.R. property. We get in seriouse trouble for having a knife with over a 1.5" blade if it isnt a Multi-tool. I found out from FRA (Federal Rail Administration) Police. It may not say it, but its the law according to them.

9. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Ya plays the game, ya takes ya chances. Concealed means concealed. Don't ask. Don't tell.