JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok. I've tried to take a quick tour of the codes. Look at RCW 9.41.300, paragraph (2), section (b), subsection (i). It looks like you (we) would be within your Constitutional rights with your concealed carry license. You should probably call your local police department or DA office to be sure.

Look at RCW 9.41.300, paragraph (2), sectiion (b), subsection (i). It appears you (we) would be within our Constitutional rights with the concealed carry license. I would suggest calling the local police department to be sure.

Wenis, you scoundrel!!! Make the dog carry it, indeed.... priceless!! I LIKE your thought process...... can you imagine it, a hound with a saddle-holster, packing a Kimber 1911......

I do believe the attorney general's warning to Mayor Chump Change of Seattle is based on solid law.... NO jurisdiction can pre-empt the state's regulating of firearms. If the mayor of Seattle can't, how do you suppose some two-bite dogpark in Vancouver can?

Its not a federal building, public school, airport, military, law enforcement establishment.... nor is it a privately owned facility, such as Microsoft or Charbux.....

Good job the Feds haven't yet got round to establishing any dogparks, eh? But shhhh, let's don't talk more about it, someone might have their ears wagging, and get some strange ideas about that...... especially don't let Pelosi or Feinstein learn about such a plan, else they will ASSURE it to be a gun free zone. Then the only "weapons" running about in the National Dog Park will be pitbulls, dobies, German shepherds, Rottweilers...... NONE of them registered, nor their owners having to submit to background checks.

Funny you admit culpability on all three counts.... I was just taking potshots into the air. Seems I hit the centre ring, eh? Fun.......

If you're going to carry in Washington you should REALLY devote some of the laws to memory for when it's needed...

RCW 9.41.290
State preemption.
The state of Washington hereby fully occupies and preempts the entire field of firearms regulation within the boundaries of the state, including the registration, licensing, possession, purchase, sale, acquisition, transfer, discharge, and transportation of firearms, or any other element relating to firearms or parts thereof, including ammunition and reloader components. Cities, towns, and counties or other municipalities may enact only those laws and ordinances relating to firearms that are specifically authorized by state law, as in RCW 9.41.300, and are consistent with this chapter. Such local ordinances shall have the same penalty as provided for by state law. Local laws and ordinances that are inconsistent with, more restrictive than, or exceed the requirements of state law shall not be enacted and are preempted and repealed, regardless of the nature of the code, charter, or home rule status of such city, town, county, or municipality.

RCW 9.41.300
Weapons prohibited in certain places — Local laws and ordinances — Exceptions — Penalty
(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

(a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top