JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I take my dog to the dog park a couple times a week and yesterday i noticed a sign says "no firearms"

does that mean even if i have a CC i cant carry?

any help would be awesome

thanks

So I take my dog to the dog park a couple times a week and yesterday i noticed a sign says "no firearms"

does that mean even if i have a CC i cant carry?

any help would be awesome

thanks

According to this you are within your rights if you have a CHL in Oregon

ORS 166.173 Authority of city or county to regulate possession of loaded firearms in public places. (1) A city or county may adopt ordinances to regulate, restrict or prohibit the possession of loaded firearms in public places as defined in ORS 161.015.
(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section do not apply to or affect:
(a) A law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty.
(b) A member of the military in the performance of official duty.
(c) A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
(d) A person authorized to possess a loaded firearm while in or on a public building or court facility under ORS 166.370. [1995 s.s. c.1 §4; 1999 c.782 §8]

We should get all the gun lovers in washington to move to oregon and then we can start ganging up on our state government and make oregon even cooler for gun enthusiasts. Strength in numbers!

All I can say is, She is not my govenor! The only reason she beat Dino is because of the Libtard voting base in the Puget Sound. When the election was going on, as soon as you left the puget sound area, all you could see was Dino signs. The entire eastern half of the state voted for Dino. It is the very same voter base that banned hound hunting for cougar. Now the state is in the red and instead of reducing government spending, she wants to raise taxes again. With federal bail out money, she wants to rebuild an ice rink in Spanaway. Briliant! Sorry to get a little off track.

All I can say is, She is not my govenor...

Not really firearms-related - please go see the rules on political topics.

To the original question, I don't believe State law addresses concealed carry in dog parks. Because of State preemption, local jurisdictions can't just make up their own laws about where guns are allowed.

See the debate about <broken link removed> to ban guns on City property as an example - he can't do it. From that article:

The city does not have the authority to arrest or fine people for bringing a gun onto city property. Only the state can enact laws governing firearms, and the mayor acknowledged the city could face a legal challenge.

From personal experience being charged with having a firearm in a park in Vancouver while having a CPL. The case was dropped and I was told by the DA that my CPL supersedes city and county ordinance.

An armed dog society is a polite dog society!.....................elsullo :D

00-4-22-06-0108.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top