JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's my understanding you can't carry concealed at music/concert venues. It's in the RCW's - jcw

Well, kind of ...

Here's the applicable RCW: RCW 9.41.300: Weapons prohibited in certain places

Here's the excerpt that applies:

"(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:"

"(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 ...."

So if you're properly licensed in Washington, you're legal. Not to say you won't catch a little flack from the management if your careless about your concealment, but you're legal. I'm in OR, but I go to WA often enough that I have the WA CPL as well as OR. There are, of course, differences between the two. So be careful.

..... And upon further reading I see that joeroket already covered outdoor music festivals. Sigh. Always late to the party and trying to catch up on the conversation. Wow, really late to the party. That was back in May, I see.

Because you have a WA CPL does not mean you have to conceal. OC is just as legal with a permit as it is without a permit, even more so.

City management gives you a hassel, give it back, there is nothing they can legally do about it (except generate another expensive law suit where they have to pay both parties legal expenses. yep, that part is actually in the law...they loose, they pay, it is all automatisch)

on public lands, cities and counties can not restrict people with CPLs from carrying. HOWEVER... on private land/stores, the owner/management can restrict carry, however its not a crime to ignore until they ask the police to remove you for trespassing.

WA is an open carry state... you can carry anywhere people with CPL can, even without a CPL. RCW 9.41.300 applies to CC and OC

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top