JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did anyone catch this? I had no warning and daylight savings time didn't help, but apparently the CBS Sunday Morning show focused on firearms.

I managed to piece some of it together by searching Youtube, but not sure I saw it all. Overall it seemed like a very fair presentation: NRA's Sandy Froman, the CNN anchor and hubby that killed an attacker in Motel 6, women's gun store, Alan Simpson and so on. The lady interviewing Sandy Froman was the only one who seemed uncomfortable (extremely).

Did I miss any negatives?

I saw it and it seemed like all the usual left wing anti gun propaganda.
The only positive views were from the good folks in Wyoming.
Other then that it was all about how great Australia is now that they have taken all of the guns away from the general population.
I didn't expect any different from CBS.

Well, no surprise there... Pretty much what we've come to expect... But Lynn Russell and her husband are here because they did have guns and took out a thug...

Rather than continue to have a discussion about more gun laws targeting the law abiding, how about our governments, at all levels, begin enforcing the existing laws... Begin prosecuting the criminals and leave the law abiding along.

Make it so dangerous to commit a crime with a gun that even gang bangers will go back to chains and knives...

See, we as a nation, need to begin arresting, prosecuting and punishing those who perpetrate crimes with guns... No more slaps on the wrist, no more bonding out, no more looking the other way...

If you want to pull the trigger in an offensive gesture, be prepared to pay the ultimate price... We need Zero Tolerance, period...

Guns aren't the problem, the operators are the problem...:s0137:

Well, no surprise there... Pretty much what we've come to expect... But Lynn Russell and her husband are here because they did have guns and took out a thug...

When the CBS interviewer implyed to Chuck de Caro that he has to use a cane now because he fought back, I wish that he would have stressed that point. That the robber could have killed them both even if they offered no resistance.

Oh my, Sandy Froman did a great job! Her demeanor was always relaxed but strong.

One tiny issue with her last statement. We don't have a right to "keep and own firearms." I wish she had said our right to own and carry firearms.

Enforcement of the current laws is KEY.....

How many times here in the valley and PNW we have seen in the news . ... Supect in jail and ONE OF MANY charges is FELON IN POSSESSION OF FIREARM.

What comes of that charge? Plea bargained down thanks to the DA and a Weak Justice system!!!!!

Enff Said!

When we see so many instances of criminals getting off, or prohibited persons getting denied on their 4473 (but never picked up by the sheriff), it makes one begin to wonder...

I wonder if the left wants these laws never enforced so that the crime rate--especially the gun crime rate--stays high or gets higher. This way they can use the high gun crime rate as the very argument to make gun confiscation a popular idea.

See, we as a nation, need to begin arresting, prosecuting and punishing those who perpetrate crimes with guns... No more slaps on the wrist, no more bonding out, no more looking the other way...

If you want to pull the trigger in an offensive gesture, be prepared to pay the ultimate price... We need Zero Tolerance, period...

Guns aren't the problem, the operators are the problem...:s0137:
No more bonding out?
What do you mean? Because it reads as if you're advocating for the violation of due process and denying bail.

"Presumed innocent until found guilty by a jury of their peers" is not a loophole. Bonding out is a way for legally-innocent people to get out jail until a trial in which the state proves their guilt through evidence.

Sorry, when I re-read my post, I kinda left out my thought process...

When I referred to bonding out, the thought was of that stereotypical multi-offending felon who commits yet another felony with or while in the possession of a firearm (which would be illegal for a known felon to be in possession of under current law).

I'm all for due process and the protections offered via being able to post bond... I realize good people get caught up in bad or stupid situations...

But seriously, do we really want to keep turning career criminals back out on the street, repeatedly? To commit yet more and typically more serious crimes?

@nammac: I totally understand and sympathize with your sentiment, but protections for generally law-abiding folks that just get caught up in something are the exact same protections that get career criminals back out on the street. There's almost no way around that feature of the U.S. Constitution.

It has been said it is better to let 100 guilty men go than convict one innocent man. Though that sounds like a crappy deal to people on the outside looking in, someday we may be the one innocent man. In fact, someday we may be one of the 100 who feel quite righteous in their "illegal" act and are counting on the legal process, as it is designed, to find us not guilty (which is NOT the same as innocent).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top