JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alexx,
Glad to hear it is having a positive effect. Lets hope he continues to do well.

So it's been a week, giving the old guy (one on left in my Avatar) and he is doing quite well compared to a week ago. So is it this stuff? Who knows. He certainly does not know it's "medicine" so can't be plecebo with him. Could be he is having a better week of course. Well keep giving him some and see what happens. Assuming he makes it with me till the end of this year and things stay this way? Will have to hit one of the Pot shops here and get some of the oil that has the "get you high" juice in it. Will try it when the people start setting off noise makers again. See if it has a calming effect on him.

So it's been a week, giving the old guy (one on left in my Avatar) and he is doing quite well compared to a week ago. So is it this stuff? Who knows. He certainly does not know it's "medicine" so can't be plecebo with him. Could be he is having a better week of course. Well keep giving him some and see what happens. Assuming he makes it with me till the end of this year and things stay this way? Will have to hit one of the Pot shops here and get some of the oil that has the "get you high" juice in it. Will try it when the people start setting off noise makers again. See if it has a calming effect on him.

It is the CBD that is calming, not the THC.

Mine still reacts, but much much less with the CBD. We actually seal off the bedroom, turn the AC on and turn the TV up louder than normal and all but the very loudest are a non issue. Instead of running around he just barks. Its much better situation.

well even better then. See how he reacts when it's time for New years then. If this stuff helps with that too even better for the old guy.

I've posted before about it but I've been using CBD oil for COPD for a couple yrs. It has a documented dilatory effect on your airways. I buy isolate powder and dissolve it in MCT oil to make my own sublingual oil. Much less expensive than buying pre-made oils and of course there's less THC than a full spectrum oil which could be a pro or a con.
My 16 yr old cat has been having old age issues lately, losing mobility and I started him on drops of it on his cat treats. Not quite back to his old self but he is wanting to go outside for 10-15 minutes at night.
I had a neck injury in a car wreck 40+ yrs ago and in my mid 50's started losing some mobility in it. I couldn't turn my head to the right more than about 1/3-1/4 of the way. Parking and backing up I had to turn my whole upper body to see behind me. About 4 months into using CBD I realized that I could actually turn my head and look over that shoulder. There's still muscle tightness in the neck but its much better than it was. My doctor doesn't really know what to think as we'd tried a number of different RX's and she'd told me I'd probably just have to live with it.

Last Edited:
I had a neck injury in a car wreck 40+ yrs ago and in my mid 50's started losing some mobility in it. I couldn't turn my head to the right more than about 1/3-1/4 of the way. Parking and backing up I had to turn my whole upper body to see behind me. About 4 months into using CBD I realized that I could actually turn my head and look over that shoulder. There's still muscle tightness in the neck but its much better than it was. My doctor doesn't really know what to think as we'd tried a number of different RX's and she'd told me I'd probably just have to live with it.

Ditto here - pitch polled a car - twice - when I was 17

The neck day I had my left leg and knee give out while walking, then a few steps further it was fine. That has continued since, getting more and more often until sometimes it is continual for days. It is why I don't walk around much anymore although I used to enjoy walking.

I started having my neck pop and crack some years later, and MDs didn't know what to make of it. It wasn't until I was in my 30s that I finally went to see a chiro after my neck got 'stuck' and I was icing it, my boss recommended me to see a chiro. That helped a lot, and I still see a chiro every 2 weeks, but it is slowly progressively getting worse.

The last time I was without any pain anywhere was when I was given a morphine drip for a kidney stone. That lasted a few hours.

I tried some CBD topical salve to no effect that I could discern. I have some Robaxin but I only use it for emergencies - when I can't sleep from the pain (usually lower back).

I am going to get some higher dosage CBD oil and try that. If that works then go from there.

Will have to hit one of the Pot shops here and get some of the oil that has the "get you high" juice in it. Will try it when the people start setting off noise makers again. See if it has a calming effect on him.
If by "get you high juice" you mean a product with THC, you do not want to give that to dogs. It makes them disoriented and uncoordinated, and incontinent to boot. You will not be happy with the result.

A few years back a friend of mine had an unfortunate incident with her dog and a small amount of adult brownie that fell on the floor. It was most unpleasant for both of them.

See:

Interesting thread. Now that it is legal, I might have to check this out. I've always suffered from bad insomnia. And I sustained multiple injuries, and surgeries to repair said, in young adulthood that has left me with chronic nerve pain. Unlike in years past, I can keep it under control with OTC options these days, but there are flare-ups and "bad days".

Mine still reacts, but much much less with the CBD. We actually seal off the bedroom, turn the AC on and turn the TV up louder than normal and all but the very loudest are a non issue. Instead of running around he just barks. Its much better situation.

He starts out with a lot of barking but when it gets going he is just terrified. Was no so bad when where we lived they were illegal. Here they are OK and it gets like a damn war zone. Poor thing is terrified. If the oil does not help the pills from the Vet still well. Dose him with that and he is soon sound asleep through the noise. It was easier this 4th as he hearing is not nearly what it used to be. :)

Make sure IF you get it you don't get it online. Go to one of the local dispensaries. Many of the so-called CBD tonics are made with seeds not plant. You want the whole plant based tinctures. They DO, most definitely, help with Anxiety for most people and have a calming affect. They, certainly, will not harm him!

Doc wanted me off NSAID's and last Tuesday I quit.

I've been in aching pain from arthritis, bad shoulders and poor knees since.

Today I grabbed some gummies sans THC from a local dispensary to give a try. Supposedly ¼ of the gummy should be enough for some relief and I'll know soon enough.

Amazon has some drops I can pick up if this goes well enough for me at about 1/3rd the cost.

I am not sure 1/4 of a regular sized gummy will do anything. A regular sized gummy is usually 10mg of cbd. So 1/4 is only 2.5mg. Plus you should get tincture more pure and get into your system much faster than gummies which need to go thru you stomach first.

Doc wanted me off NSAID's and last Tuesday I quit.

I've been in aching pain from arthritis, bad shoulders and poor knees since.

Today I grabbed some gummies sans THC from a local dispensary to give a try. Supposedly ¼ of the gummy should be enough for some relief and I'll know soon enough.

Amazon has some drops I can pick up if this goes well enough for me at about 1/3rd the cost.

Be interesting to see how it works. Have not yet been brave enough to try the stuff I have been giving the one old dog. Dog is still doing quite well. Not a puppy all over but he is far better than he was. Temped to take some to see if some of my old age aches and pains go away. :)

Go for it on both counts, dont be afraid of overdosing, it's pretty much impossible you will both be relaxed. Probably get a very nice sleep in as well.

Be interesting to see how it works. Have not yet been brave enough to try the stuff I have been giving the one old dog. Dog is still doing quite well. Not a puppy all over but he is far better than he was. Temped to take some to see if some of my old age aches and pains go away. :)

Go for it on both counts, dont be afraid of overdosing, it's pretty much impossible you will both be relaxed. Probably get a very nice sleep in as well.

Only thing about it that scares me is drug tests. It is supposed to have no THC in it. All I keep thinking is I will start in with it, find it works, get called for a screen, and have them say "hey you tested positive for pot, you're fired" o_O

I DO buy online. Direct.
I use this for my aches. I order 2/3000mg jars at a time.
One piece per serving is my recommendation to those who have not tried it. (and by all means, don't be shy if one does not bring relief, try another. 2 next time may be your "over the threshold" sweet spot. Everyone's chemistry is different.)
The onset (for me) is slow release. When the relief starts, the pains merely dissipate.
The next thing you come to realize, you're relaxing.
Oh wait, don't trust me, you don't know me!!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top