JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
need some help.
I'd like to try having my dad who has high anxiety from early outset of Dementia try CBd oil.
He needs help and won't go to the doc.

I'd like to try it for anxiety also.

Anyone here have experience?

Thanks

CBD mostly affects body tissues and blood vessels, so it has more affect on soreness. Best applied as a salve really.
THC is the psychoactive chemical.
The affects of short term memory loss associated with the marijuanas makes me think is not a good potion to treat early stage dementia.
As for anxiety, it might help, or make it worse... everyone is different.

Sudoku would likely have a more positive impact, or fishing, any mentally stimulating activity that is recreational would help the most.

I love the Vader skit BTW.

a while back i drank a cbd infused soda i aquired from a local beer taphouse. lemme tell ya, my back stopped aching and i slept really well. cbd for sure has its purpose. im not a fan of thc, those days are long gone. i dont oppose thc because what someone likes is none of my biz sayin they can or cant enjoy it.

Wife and I take CBD gel caps for arthritis in our hands. Works well for that, and we stopped taking the Tylenol all day long like before. We also use CBD cream on our hands if we've been doing yard work which tends to aggravate the arthritis. The CBD we take has no THC in it. Our hands are pain free.

I don't know how CBD works for anxiety although I've read its helpful. As of today the only prescribed use of CBD is for seizures and is FDA approved. There haven't been any studies done for any other conditions such as arthritis and anxiety so all the evidence is anecdotal at this time.

I take non thc CBD capsules for my arthritis. It helps with the arthritis and doesn't have any of the nasty side effects that I was getting from the arthritis medicine. With the official stuff I had to go in every month to get my liver and kidneys checked to see if they were getting damaged yet, the CBD does just as well for me with zero side effects

We have a twelve year old, 65 pound airdale terrier and for the last twelve years we tried everything for him when they shoot fireworks off. He looks like he wants to jump out of his skin.
This 4th of july she bought a spray bottle of CDB oil at the local Co-oP. Sprayed a little on a dog bisket an hour or so before dark and gave him another CDB infused dog bisket ones they started fireing off bottle rockets and and other stuff.
This stuff really worked on him. He stayed nice & calm through out the night and could of cared less about the noise from the fireworks.
I'd give it a try, i'm sure the Co-oP CDB oil is the same as what you buy for people and probably a fraction of the cost.

Years ago I got a bad cut that got infected, no insurance so I got some liquid pennicillian from a friend who had a dairy farm that he used on the vows. It worked for me.

Last Edited:
My dog is getting older (11) and has arthritis in his shoulders. We give him CBD oil (noTHC)and it really helps him. We notice most when we neglect to give it to him as he can barely walk.

As already mention above by others, I think it is a soft tissue, joint and tendon pain reliever vs brain thing so may not help in your case.

My dog is getting older (11) and has arthritis in his shoulders. We give him CBD oil (noTHC)and it really helps him. We notice most when we neglect to give it to him as he can barely walk.

As already mention above by others, I think it is a soft tissue, joint and tendon pain reliever vs brain thing so may not help in your case.
Well I keep seeing this so thought I will give it a try. Looked at Amazon and of course there must be 50 different kinds. So ordered one will try it on the old dog who has joint trouble. figure nothing to lose here giving it a try.

I can tell you for a fact CBD has its medical value. I have 2 aging dogs. 1 male pitbull 12 or so years old with severe anxiety as well as early signs of demenia. I give him CBD twice a day and he is fine. If I miss or skip doses he can slide backward and have an episode. Needless to say I try never to miss a morning or evening does. My second pitbull is younger at almost 10 has several tumors, I wish I had started him at the initial find of the tumors. Instead I started him also on CBD oils 1-2 a day and his tumors are no longer growing, but rather decreasing in size - slowly. I have other stories I could tell you about myself, however those two are good enough success stories.

Do yourself a favor, don't get your CBD on Amazon or ebay.. you wont know what you are actually getting. Go into a pharmacy that sells CBD. There are a few.. for example in Port Orchard/Bremerton I know of at least 2. The pharmacies that sell CBD products will have done the research and verified the products. If you want to travel to port orchard or bremerton PM me and I'll tell you the 2 legitimate places. Also probably wise not to buy your CBD at a pot shop as they may have a higher % of THC in them unlike the pharmacy brands.
CaptJack.

Well I keep seeing this so thought I will give it a try. Looked at Amazon and of course there must be 50 different kinds. So ordered one will try it on the old dog who has joint trouble. figure nothing to lose here giving it a try.

Do yourself a favor, don't get your CBD on Amazon or ebay.. you wont know what you are actually getting. Go into a pharmacy that sells CBD. There are a few.. for example in Port Orchard/Bremerton I know of at least 2. The pharmacies that sell CBD products will have done the research and verified the products. If you want to travel to port orchard or bremerton PM me and I'll tell you the 2 legitimate places. Also probably wise not to buy your CBD at a pot shop as they may have a higher % of THC in them unlike the pharmacy brands.
CaptJack.

Already ordered some. It claims to have zero THC, all of them do. Suspect that if they do contain THC they would have to be sold in a "pot shop". Will see if it helps the old dog. I give him Glucosamine daily but its often hard. Have tried many different "treats" for this. Found one that works better than others but still have to watch him. He will often try to spit it back out. Will give him a drop of the CBD oil a day and see if he acts like it's doing any good. If not I am only out $15.

As a life long skeptic, I look at CBD with a jaundiced eye...

I read all the wonderful stuff it does and think: Placebo Effect

Yes, I can hear the cries of outrage at my dissidence, but the newly converted to the stuff sound a bit 'over the top'.

When there's this much hype about something, that what it usually is...snake oil hype.

need some help.
I'd like to try having my dad who has high anxiety from early outset of Dementia try CBd oil.
He needs help and won't go to the doc.

I'd like to try it for anxiety also.

Anyone here have experience?

Thanks

You may have already looked at a bunch of this....CBD Oil for Anxiety

I wish I had some thing more for you. I looked and it appears CBD isn't even legal in Ideeho, unless it has 0.000% THC.

My thoughts are with you. Dementia sucks big time. :(

Yeah, it strikes me as odd that an otherwise freedom loving state is so resistant to any cannabis allowances.

As a life long skeptic, I look at CBD with a jaundiced eye...

I read all the wonderful stuff it does and think: Placebo Effect

Yes, I can hear the cries of outrage at my dissidence, but the newly converted to the stuff sound a bit 'over the top'.

When there's this much hype about something, that what it usually is...snake oil hype.
I'm kind of with you on this. I had an appointment with the massage therapist immediately before a chiropractor adjustment. My neck was really locked up. She asked if I would be okay with some CBD on the affected area and claimed it would shorten recovery time. I accepted and honestly don't know that it made a bit of difference in a 2 or 3 day sore spot. Kind of like proving a negative, in my case. Certainly wasn't a life changer for me.
I was in Oregon at the time. I'm glad that they at least have the option there. Freedom of choice is a good thing, IMO.

I'm all for freedom of choice.

Fads come - Fads go

It'll be interesting to read how this will quite possibly be laughed at like mood rings or pet rocks of long ago...silly, but basically harmless except to your wallet...

This morning, my toasted bagel had a likeness to Budda in it.

I'll be selling it on e-by...

I don't know much about CBD for anxiety but I can tell you that the best natural remedy for anxiety that I've found is an amino acid called L-theanine. I used to have a lot of anxiety about driving and it helped me get over it. We also give it to the dog before fireworks, thunder storms, car rides, etc.

Here's a link for a little info:
L-Theanine Reduces Symptoms of Anxiety

I regularly buy this brand:
https://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formu...ords=theanine&qid=1562949490&s=gateway&sr=8-7

If you do try it, watch out for the brands with caffeine. Those can make some people jittery.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top