JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having just been through a serious cancer suffering, i can tell you, CBD does work, with and with out THC! There are hundreds of "blends" for both, and various strains of plant from which to draw the oils from, the real secret is to do your research on the strains and the proven effects each provides and build your ideal from there! We found a ultra strong blend of Both CBD and THC did the trick, so much so that we were able to extend quality of life 2 full years, and to almost eliminate the pain and discomfort of that most nasty of afflictions!
Sadly, Mom passed the saterday before the 4th, but even those last few days, the oils really helped both physically and mentally!

If you look carefully at any of the products listed on Amazon you will note that none of them mention how many milligrams of CBD per bottle or serving. They mention milligrams of hemp oil, but that's not the same thing. Hemp oil contains very little CBD.

CBD oil is extracted from the stalks, leaves, and buds of hemp plants. Extraction methods vary, but the safest known processes are the oil-based and the CO2-based methods.

In the first, the plant is soaked in a carrier oil—typically hemp or olive—to separate the components.

The second extraction method is used by larger and better-funded operations. Here the plant material is placed under high pressure for extraction. This method offers the safest alternative and produces the purest end product.

Last Edited:
I've been giving to my dogs a long time, they pretty much are waiting for it daily now. But at first it was a bit of a chore. One dog would run the other resist. But now its like oh, its cbd time.... ok.

CaptJack

It will be here tomorrow so I will get to see how the old man of the bunch reacts to it. Getting him to take the joint health stuff has always been a challenge. Went through a number of different kinds. All claimed they tasted great. Dog did not seem to share that opinion :)
Couple years ago Doc wanted him on Milk thistle too for his liver. That also turned into fun. Bought a couple "treats" that had it in them and he flat refused to eat them. Finally found it in a powder that works. Can sneak a dose into some wet food and he chows that down before he knows it's in there. Figure he is not going to be with me much longer and I will sure miss him when he's gone.

It will be here tomorrow so I will get to see how the old man of the bunch reacts to it. Getting him to take the joint health stuff has always been a challenge. Went through a number of different kinds. All claimed they tasted great. Dog did not seem to share that opinion :)
Couple years ago Doc wanted him on Milk thistle too for his liver. That also turned into fun. Bought a couple "treats" that had it in them and he flat refused to eat them. Finally found it in a powder that works. Can sneak a dose into some wet food and he chows that down before he knows it's in there. Figure he is not going to be with me much longer and I will sure miss him when he's gone.

If I put anything in the center of a lump of peanut butter . my dog will eat it

If I put anything in the center of a lump of peanut butter . my dog will eat it

I use that for the pills to calm him during the 4th and new years. Tried it with the joint medicine and liver medicine. Little guy would spit the pills back out with most of the PB gone. I suspect it has a lot to do with how small he is, only #11. Larger dogs will often just swallow stuff like this. The liver pills must taste bad enough that there was no hiding it. The powder form works as long as it's mixed with plenty of wet food and finally found a joint supplement he will take if I give it while he sees his breakfast. Still have to watch the guy as now and then he takes it and spits it back out hopping around excited about the food.

for folks with dogs , there are several companies offering dog treats made in Oregon with cbd in the treat, administered by dog weight.
My wife has a dog treat business and she was super busy for the 4th, I've always been a skeptic but I have seen it help dogs in many ways......the cool thing about dogs and cbd is that you cant talk them into thinking its working.....either it does or it doesn't , no placebo affect with dogs.......it works no doubt. I have an epileptic nephew that it has done great things for as well . No denying it .

One more personnel account of my CBD/THC use. A long time ago 10+ years I developed a mole-like feature on my left temple at the hair line. Not really very noticeable to anyone unless you get up close as in family members.. Now skin cancer does run in my family. My younger sister went thru skin cancer and came out ok. But I was assuming the worst. Half dime size. Think tic-tac. It had what looked like a small seed like feature inside. It also was slightly rougher than than normal skin. I watched it, but it never grew in size or color. Occasionally I'd nick it with comb and it would bleed a little. Eventually during a physical I'd bring it up and the DR's would dismiss it as nothing serious. I still had my doubts. A couple years ago during another physical with a DR I didn't know very well I brought the subject up again and he did take a closer look and again he dismissed it as nothing to worry about. If he had stopped there I might have still respected him, but he said it looks like I had burned myself and it hadnt healed yet. I'm like, DOC, I've had that thing for probably 10 years buy. I'd know if it was a burn. Shortly after this visit I started Vaping CBD/THC combinations, Mostly high CBD low THC and Loved the way it mellowed me out and calmed me down.. It was just about a year or so into my new found fondness of CBD/THC that I noticed the dam spot was fading away. a few months later it was only a shadow. Today, you can't find it. This and my dogs I'm sold. Just be aware like another poster said, don't cheap out. There are a lot of snake oil salesmen/Companies out there just to make a buck. Buy from companies who have legitimate labs you won't be sorry. If the first one doesn't work, try a few till you find one you like. BTW, I know longer vape my CBD I use tincture, I can regulate my dosage much better. As for my dogs, I mix there's do the dosage I want them to have. Large bottle of Hemp oil and mix down High CBD tincture. It's easier, less expensive and I can make it go farther. Long story, but I hope worth for people considering CBD. One last parting note. I have a very good and old friend with a small Pomeranian who got a seizure disorder. He asked me a year or so what to do as his vet bill was like a $1000 a month between vet visits and prescription meds. I told him about CBD oil, even took him to a pot shop who had a Dog formulation with bacon flavor, I witnessed him give the dog a few drops during a seizure the dog within seconds (instead of mins) was normal and wanting to play. I'm done, talking, but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask or PM.

I injured my back and neck about 50 years ago in a severe car accident.

I see a chiro every two weeks - used to get massage too, but LMT is 'taking a break' (it is tough work).

I have muscle relaxants, but I only take them for when I can't sleep due to the pain. Pain is getting worse as I get older. Increasingly hard getting up out of bed or a chair. Sometimes difficult to walk - comes and goes.

I tried two different CBD salves - one commercial and one 'homemade' given to my daughter. Neither worked. I think they are too weak. Going to buy some gummy bears and maybe some stronger salves. Remember someone recommended a provider in Portland who grew and made their own that is supposed to be strong and pure - but can't remember where it is - got to search for it.

The research into MS is important to me; have a close family member with MS. Would really like to see something that at least partially cures MS instead of just slows its progression down.

My wife bought some CBD treats for our Scotty who has arthritis. Works okay. But he isnt suffering that much yet either. Give it to him about 1x a week.

From personal experience, marijuana cookies work wonders for sleep. CPAP help me sleep better, but still wake up 5 times a night with 4-5 hours of sleep total. Sleep medicine has bad nightmares. Almost night terrors.

The cookies allow a full 7 hours sleep with only waking up once. I am a new man with them.

Forget about buying the stuff. I am cheap. Either finds friends that grow or grow your own. Very easy to make dry ice or water hash or just convert it into butter. Hash edibles taste a lot better than butter. A couple of plants should make you a years supply.

The only problem I currently see with CBD is the STIGMATA surrounding CBD/THC and this is brought on by the government and the bad press over the years. Truth is marijuana has been used for thousands of years and truthfully as long as used responsibly (As with everything) its perfectly safe.

The only problem I currently see with CBD is the STIGMATA surrounding CBD/THC and this is brought on by the government and the bad press over the years. Truth is marijuana has been used for thousands of years and truthfully as long as used responsibly (As with everything) its perfectly safe.

Marijuana used to be safer when it was balanced with CBD about 50/50 - the CBD calms while the THC gets you high. THC alone or in high concentrations can make you paranoid/etc.

The problem is that over the years a lot of marijuana has been bred to be really high THC and really low CBD.

Personally, I am not at all interested in getting high or THC/etc. - I want something that will address my aches and pains and help with the muscle cramps and nerve issues (shooting pains in my legs and feet).

Marijuana used to be safer when it was balanced with CBD about 50/50 - the CBD calms while the THC gets you high. THC alone or in high concentrations can make you paranoid/etc.

The problem is that over the years a lot of marijuana has been bred to be really high THC and really low CBD.

Personally, I am not at all interested in getting high or THC/etc. - I want something that will address my aches and pains and help with the muscle cramps and nerve issues (shooting pains in my legs and feet).

I agree with you 100%. It's out there, High CBD/Low THC you have to look for it and ask for it. The smart shops are trying to cater to both/all user preferences. I can't lie, I used to be one of those kids. But now I am in it for the CBD. You just need to find the right lab and tincture. It won't be cheap. Hopefully as the more labs and processes are created it will come down in price.

CaptJack

I don't care much about price - I can afford it if the value is there. I get 12 visits with the chiro and a $20 co-pay, then the rest comes out of my pocket after that - so about $100 for chiro and LMT together, twice a month. And the benefits last a few days to a week - except it helps slow down the progression - plus if I don't go it gets bad.

So if CBD will help it is worth it to me.

For the family member with MS; the meds are about $5-6K per month when insurance won't pay for them, which it doesn't anymore for this family member. So med manufacturers sometimes have $$$ assistance for those who can't afford them - but there is no curative meds - just meds to slow it down. If the CBD research can help reverse the effects - or at least stop them - then that would be great. MS patients lose on average about 7-10 years of their lifetime, and they suffer all kinds of bad effects.

I haven't read whether or not one would prove positive for marijuana use using CBD?

Anyone know?

The tests are for THC not CBD.

However, it is not uncommon for CBD products to contain some amount of THC - it just depends on how much.

Will CBD Oil Result in a Positive Drug Test?

Also, I have read that legislators are working on laws that will help in this regard, and some maybe that will make it harder for employers to discipline someone for THC positive tests.

I am a software engineer so I am not really at risk. The last time I had a test it was pre-employment - almost 9 years ago. I am in a position now that even if they decided to do a random test on me that they would be making a hard decision if they decided they were going to let me go; I am the only one who currently knows the nooks and crannies of the project we are working on - which is critical to the org.

Plus, I am very close to retirement so I really couldn't care less.

Here are the top three performers I have found! 1 is a hemp CBD ,zero THC
Second is a 1/1 CBD/THC that is really good for pain management and will not make you loopy, help relax you mind and body
The last is pure THC, and its meant to be used with the serious medical treatments like Chemo where you cannot eat or keep what you so eat down!
20190713_111536.jpg
20190713_111552.jpg
20190713_111659.jpg
This stuff can help with far more then a lot of folks realize! This brand is available all over the Willamette valley, its locally sourced and 100% certified and verified! There is NONE better then this, trust me!

I hope someone who may work in a lab will chime in with real quantifiable information. But I assume since the majority of CBD products list themselves as THC free, but if you look at the details there can be as much or little as .03 THC or if you can a true CBD Isolate, 0.0 THC. I don't think 0.03 is probably not enough to set off any urinalysis. Someone with lab experience chime in please.
CaptJack

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads