JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm all for freedom of choice.

Fads come - Fads go

It'll be interesting to read how this will quite possibly be laughed at like mood rings or pet rocks of long ago...silly, but basically harmless except to your wallet...

This morning, my toasted bagel had a likeness to Budda in it.

I'll be selling it on e-by...

I wonder if there were non believers all those years ago when someone took black goo from a scored seed pod of the poppy plant and cooked it down and put it in pills? :rolleyes: :D

Personally I lean toward disbelief of rubbing CBD on a sore spot doing anything. Yeah, I know, it's done wonders so people say. I operate on logic. It's not logical to me anymore than rubbing a Papa Murphy's pizza on me taking my appetite away either. Ingesting either one is the way to the benefits IMO. I've been ingesting a turmeric and pipernne elixir that has absolutely helped with chronic pain.

@Oregonhunter5 do you think you're dad would give acupuncture a try? I did acupuncture for a time for my pain and it worked wonders. I also know how good I felt, mentally, after an hour and a half or so with 30 to 50 needles placed in specific spots. "Community Acupuncture" run affordable clinic with a sliding fee scale.

Do yourself a favor, don't get your CBD on Amazon or ebay.. you wont know what you are actually getting. Go into a pharmacy that sells CBD. There are a few.. for example in Port Orchard/Bremerton I know of at least 2. The pharmacies that sell CBD products will have done the research and verified the products. If you want to travel to port orchard or bremerton PM me and I'll tell you the 2 legitimate places. Also probably wise not to buy your CBD at a pot shop as they may have a higher % of THC in them unlike the pharmacy brands.
CaptJack.

Is a prescription needed ?

Is a prescription needed ?

Don't know about Washington, but there's no scrip needed in Oregon. They were selling the stuff at one of the kiosks at Clack Town Center at Christmas time. I thought about getting some for the wife, but it was $75.00 for an ounce, ounce and a half, or something like that. Can run that little fan by the bed for a long time for that $$. ;)

I started taking it to help with stomach pain from minor diverticulitis and ankle pain from lifetime playing soccer. Stuff works awesome. Helps me sleep at night and not have throbbing ankles during the middle of the night.

I was a skeptic too at first.

Finding "real" CBD is difficult though as tons of products out there. The real stuff is usually much more expensive than some random amazon crap that you really shouldn't be putting in your body.

Lazarus Naturals is local and has military and preexisting condition discounts.

You could try a combination of CBD oil and st. John's wort. I tried some non-thc cbd oil to help me sleep and it worked pretty well.

I wouldn't use the oil with thc in it. From what i've read, if you have an anxious personality it's going to make it worse.

This works IMG_20190712_180435.jpg

I wonder if there were non believers all those years ago when someone took black goo from a scored seed pod of the poppy plant and cooked it down and put it in pills? :rolleyes: :D

Personally I lean toward disbelief of rubbing CBD on a sore spot doing anything. Yeah, I know, it's done wonders so people say. I operate on logic. It's not logical to me anymore than rubbing a Papa Murphy's pizza on me taking my appetite away either. Ingesting either one is the way to the benefits IMO. I've been ingesting a turmeric and pipernne elixir that has absolutely helped with chronic pain.

@Oregonhunter5 do you think you're dad would give acupuncture a try? I did acupuncture for a time for my pain and it worked wonders. I also know how good I felt, mentally, after an hour and a half or so with 30 to 50 needles placed in specific spots. "Community Acupuncture" run affordable clinic with a sliding fee scale.

Actually, topical treatments have been around for thousands of years.

Aspirin pops to my mind here.

Pastes and poultices made from Aspirin rich sources (types of willow trees ex) used for stings and such. Eventually led to tees, and other oral forms.

So it would not surprise me one bit, if CBD topicals are effective at helping relieve pain from particular issues (arthritis, tendinitis, localized inflammation etc etc).

Note, however, that there are any number of ways for medicines to work. Including the same medicine. Topical vs oral route in this simple ex. One route may not work while the other might, or they both may except to varying degrees. Dunno (yet) on CBD.

Factor in that it's a relatively new aspect to the industry, and there will be snake oils being sold...hopefully, over time, these "brands" will be routed out and fail accordingly.

For those that haven't researched the subject, no "full spectrum" CBD oil is 100% without THC. It's just a level that isn't regulated by the FDA therefore they can label it as such.

If your employer screened you, you would test positive using full spectrum CBD products.

My advice if your looking for pain relief and keeping your employment, look for CBD products made from CBD isolate.

Accupunture May be a idea. Money isn't a issue. In fact they've got premium freaking expensive long term care insurance also.
He's a super successful highly driven man.
Now it's hard. He's always been controlling. Worries. Now it's to a very high level.
Forgets something you talked to him about minutes earlier. Literally like 5 minutes.
His secretary at work has taken the load for years. I feel this has been going on for 15 years. He's 80 now. Retired at 78. Could of retired at 65.
A true workaholic
6 days a week. His whole career.

Also, have a read of this article

Aging

Would probably be worthwhile to give the supplement regimen tested a try. You can also add in piracetam. Nootropics and improved memory are a bit of a hobby with me.

Accupunture May be a idea. Money isn't a issue. In fact they've got premium freaking expensive long term care insurance also.
He's a super successful highly driven man.
Now it's hard. He's always been controlling. Worries. Now it's to a very high level.
Forgets something you talked to him about minutes earlier. Literally like 5 minutes.
His secretary at work has taken the load for years. I feel this has been going on for 15 years. He's 80 now. Retired at 78. Could of retired at 65.
A true workaholic
6 days a week. His whole career.

You described my mother to a tee RIP. Workaholic, though retired at 65 or so. Had the same work ethic and worrying. Had "Ludes" back in the day. Or it was me that made here crazy. That, is still up in the air.

Best for you my friend.

I started taking it to help with stomach pain from minor diverticulitis and ankle pain from lifetime playing soccer. Stuff works awesome. Helps me sleep at night and not have throbbing ankles during the middle of the night.

I was a skeptic too at first.

Finding "real" CBD is difficult though as tons of products out there. The real stuff is usually much more expensive than some random amazon crap that you really shouldn't be putting in your body.

Lazarus Naturals is local and has military and preexisting condition discounts.
That is one of the brands sold on Amazon, but of course if bought on Amazon it's suddenly crap LOL

I am actually trying Lazarus Naturals right now. I purchased a med sized bottle at a pharmacy in Bremerton. 900MG bottle. Took my first dose tonight. I will report back in 4 days or so with my impressions of it. It seems legit. It was not cheap, but it was not the most expensive CBD tincture I've ever purchased either I think it was right around 45$
CaptJack

That is one of the brands sold on Amazon, but of course if bought on Amazon it's suddenly crap LOL

Already ordered some. It claims to have zero THC, all of them do. Suspect that if they do contain THC they would have to be sold in a "pot shop". Will see if it helps the old dog. I give him Glucosamine daily but its often hard. Have tried many different "treats" for this. Found one that works better than others but still have to watch him. He will often try to spit it back out. Will give him a drop of the CBD oil a day and see if he acts like it's doing any good. If not I am only out $15.

I've been giving to my dogs a long time, they pretty much are waiting for it daily now. But at first it was a bit of a chore. One dog would run the other resist. But now its like oh, its cbd time.... ok.

CaptJack

Before you say CBD doesn't work feel free to try the alternatives first, if you never have then you have nothing to comment on. If you haven't been there you don't know what you are talking about.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top