JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
My daughter surprisingly has taken an interest in CB radios and communication. Ive been rummaging through goodwill to try to get stuff for her but theres not much luck.

If anyone has any CB or Cb radios, especially handhelds that you dont need or would like to sell please send me a message. Not trying to spend a whole lot but let me know what you have. Im willing to drive. The cheaper the better but if you want to just give it away we wont complain.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I have a couple of old mobile CBs in a box in the back room, you are welcome to them at no cost. No idea if they work or not as I do not use CB radio's.

Southern Gent is correct, if she is showing interest in radio's I too would highly recommend getting her Technician Amateur License. Test is not that difficult and only fees involved are for those administering the exam, the exam itself is free ... yes, you get something from the Government that is free. There are Amateur Radio Clubs all over the place and quite a few even have classes to prepare for the exam (the exam is not that hard).

There are many advantages to Amateur Radio versus CB radio. The radio's are much more powerful, there is a lot of infrastructure around especially in the 2 meter and 70 cm bands (things called repeaters) there are even some satellites with that capability on them, and if you keep learning and get an upgrades license (there are three levels of license) on HF frequencies you can communicate all over the world. The drawback ... Amateur Radios are considerably more expensive than CB radio's.

I am a General Class Amateur myself.

Southern Gent is correct, if she is showing interest in radio's I too would highly recommend getting her Technician Amateur License.

tenor.gif

Don't be like me and wait until almost 40 to get into ham radio. It is as dorky as it seems and twice as fun! :D

I agree with the others, have her take the ham test. My daughter did when she was 13. While ham is pretty awesome, CB can be fun as well. You can learn a lot of the basics just by listening to skip transmissions at night. If she is interested, make it happen! Don't let that curiosity die.
Aside from the local Goodwills there is shopgoodwill.com. Kind of like their ebay.

There is a ham radio swap meet in February at the Polk County Fairgrounds in Rickreall (near Dallas). there are items from WW II all the way to new stuff. At about 2 pm people will start to give away free stuff that didn't sell. l suggest flea markets, thrift stores and GoodWill stores.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.