JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are these things powerful enough to kill a Nutria from a range of 2"? I need to discretely shoot them in town, assuming it's possible to trap the damn things.

I once used a CB Long at point blank range on a beaver by accident. It penetrated the skull but not deep enough to put his lights out. It took a second shot to finish the job.

E

Subs are beyond silent...

C4B960B7-4785-421F-9074-FADF05F4A067.jpeg

Are these things powerful enough to kill a Nutria from a range of 2"? I need to discretely shoot them in town, assuming it's possible to trap the damn things.
I'd say yes but if it's a way long barrel the slugs might get stuck given the right conditions.

What kind of trap are you thinking of using?
Live trap since my apartments are adjacent to some public property. Tenants "companion dog" barks at Nutria and it's my problem. Crazy lady that has PTSD or whatever it took to get on SSI. Doctor signed off on a companion animal and she got a 90lb German Shepard that she can't control. It's a nice dog, just not for her.

A # 220 Conibear trap would be best. No need to off them, the trap does it for you. keeping pets out of the way might be problematic.

Live trap since my apartments are adjacent to some public property. Tenants "companion dog" barks at Nutria and it's my problem. Crazy lady that has PTSD or whatever it took to get on SSI. Doctor signed off on a companion animal and she got a 90lb German Shepard that she can't control. It's a nice dog, just not for her.
A good neighbor would bang the crazy out of her. Be a good neighbor.

A good neighbor would bang the crazy out of her. Be a good neighbor.
My FIL who passed some years ago owned a few rentals. A female tenant made him an offer that he should have refused. Her boyfriend was in the closet and took pictures and the games began. They tried to blackmail him and he wouldn't play. He fessed up to his wife and although they didn't divorce, he paid dearly the rest of his life.

Why not just trap them... take them for a ride somewhere far away, like the Portland homeless camp, and don't come back with them. They will end up in someone's pot and problem will be solved. Or, you could trade the dog for a cat. Even if the cat meows at them, it won't be that loud.

Mike

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads