JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah for 20-50% more!

I usually browse around local stores then buy online.

Amazon just like many other online marketplaces you have to look at where its coming from.

Amazon in some ways is no different than ebay.
Chinese garbage is taking over.

I use amazon and have never had a problem,

But one question. If this is "used" it vary well could have been someone buying a trijicon and returning a fake to them.
Basically they get a real trijicon for the fake price.

People have been doing this kind of stuff for years. You think those people will know the difference?

I did't even catch that part in the OP. I had no idea Amazon sold used stuff at all. Now that would be a very real possibility I had not thought of. Buy a real and cheap fake, then return the cheap fake as real. Easy to see how the staff who take in the returns could miss fake stuff coming back.

"I bought a cheap Chinese scope from Amazon.."
What could possibly go wrong with that? :rolleyes:

With stuff like this it depends on what you are expecting. I have a handful of VERY cheap Red dots from Amazon. All of them work fine for what I wanted them for. I of course do not expect to get a $300 sight for $20 though. When you read some of the negative reviews on stuff on Amazon that is often what it comes down to. Someone pays for bargain basement then complains that it's not the same as the high end model of the same thing.
When I bought my first TNW ASR I wanted to try a scope on it so I bought a very low end 1-4 off Amazon. Works fantastic. Is it anywhere near as nice as a scope that costs as much as the rifle? Of course not, that was not what I was buying so I have enough sense to know that was not what to expect.

With stuff like this it depends on what you are expecting. I have a handful of VERY cheap Red dots from Amazon. All of them work fine for what I wanted them for. I of course do not expect to get a $300 sight for $20 though. When you read some of the negative reviews on stuff on Amazon that is often what it comes down to. Someone pays for bargain basement then complains that it's not the same as the high end model of the same thing.
When I bought my first TNW ASR I wanted to try a scope on it so I bought a very low end 1-4 off Amazon. Works fantastic. Is it anywhere near as nice as a scope that costs as much as the rifle? Of course not, that was not what I was buying so I have enough sense to know that was not what to expect.
You can rest assured I don't have a Trijicon on my 10/22. :)

It's a $40 Bushnell red dot and it's perfect for running steel. Put this combination in the hands of a teen or pre-teen and they will not set it down until you stop handing them ammo and resetting targets. :D

Nothing wrong in buying a cheap scope. You should get what you pay for. There is a problem when you pay for a Trijicon and receive a $30 reproduction.
BTW a fake RMR won't mount correctly the holes are off you can easily spot them usually by the buttons being the wrong color or the markings do match. The sight adjustment point maybe the wrong color. Not to mention the quality sucks.

Last Edited:
You can rest assured I don't have a Trijicon on my 10/22. :)

It's a $40 Bushnell red dot and it's perfect for running steel. Put this combination in the hands of a teen or pre-teen and they will not set it down until you stop handing them ammo and resetting targets. :D
Exactly. When I bought my first ASR they include a 4x Scope. They run $20 delivered on Amazon. Yet in some of the reviews for the rifle they of course bad mouth the scope. Well like what did they expect? I gave the first one away to a member of another group I'm on for a .22 rifle of his. He loves it.

Amazon is full of scammers.
Some chinese scam company conned me out of two items and compromised my card. Their pages looked legit, had reviews and everything.. Total front.

Some chinese scam company conned me out of two items and compromised my card. Their pages looked legit, had reviews and everything.. Total front.
That's why you ONLY pay with a Credit Card. Then you can't get hurt. Since we both shop a LOT on line we use one card for just that. Last 20 years or so it has been "hijacked" a few times. Each time it's a snap to fix and we are out nothing. Now using a debit card that is hooked to your main bank account is a real crap shoot. Someone can clean out the account and you will get the money back. Problem is it may take a while and if you have checks or auto payments coming from the same account it can be a PITA.

Chinese garbage is taking over.
Is ?? My work is closely tied to manufacturing in all sectors. I have seen manufacturing decline here in the US for 20+ years now.
Any time I hear friends complain of Chinese manufacturing, the Patriot Act, the banking collapse of 2008, I point to their heros: WJC and HRC. Yup. It all started there....

You should try eBay. LOL

China - don't get me started.
The software I am an expert in chews ~$60,000 in licensing costs if you use all the features. You can buy it in Shanghai for $16. My company did so and tested it. It all activated as legit, though there was no trail (or prior existence) for the license number.

I just bought some BUIS off Amazon for $30, wondering how they'd be. Well made, and they would work perfectly if I just did bench shooting. They won't stand up in practical rifle, so I returned them, no questions asked. The company I bought them from, owned and run by college students in St. Louis who import and sell over Amazon, refunded me the money without question and said, "keep them, please." Try getting service like that from Walmart....

I bought an used inexpensive UTG scope from Prime and had to return it because it didn't work. They could not have tested it and probably put it back on the shelf to sell to someone else again.

They are good most of the time about returns, but yes, if not buying from Amazon directly, then you have to be careful.

I use both Amazon and Ebay and have yet to be scammed by anyone. I have had 2 attempts to scam me on Ebay by folks trying to buy my stuff, but Ebay intervened and protected me - it was just a hassle to wait out the period it took them to fix it.

Fact of the matter is this - if you see something like a set of Magpul BUIS for $30, you're going to get hosed - they're not real. A good buyer should know what they should be paying for the real thing. And yes, you need to pay attention to who is actually fulfilling the sale, if you're on Amazon. That info is clearly listed and you can check the reviews of the seller just like you can on Ebay. Reading reviews of the items can help too as folks that have been scammed will usually say so in the comments. Also be aware that some of the cheaper versions are meant for uses like airsoft, and will usually say as much in the description, but aren't worth anything on a regular gun.

Take your time, be vigilant, do your research and you should be relatively safe buying online.

As for optics, I'll second Optics Planet - I've bought from them several times, and other than their less than lightning speed shipping department, I've had no complaints.

As a general rule items that are likely to be copied (ACOGs, Eotech, etc) should be avoided on Amazon.

Some scopes are okay to order on Amazon as long as you are careful. Keep in mind, if its too good to be true, it is. Otherwise its best to go to other stores, SWFA and Optics Planet come to mind.

Is ?? My work is closely tied to manufacturing in all sectors. I have seen manufacturing decline here in the US for 20+ years now.
Any time I hear friends complain of Chinese manufacturing, the Patriot Act, the banking collapse of 2008, I point to their heros: WJC and HRC. Yup. It all started there....

You should try eBay. LOL

China - don't get me started.
The software I am an expert in chews ~$60,000 in licensing costs if you use all the features. You can buy it in Shanghai for $16. My company did so and tested it. It all activated as legit, though there was no trail (or prior existence) for the license number.

I just bought some BUIS off Amazon for $30, wondering how they'd be. Well made, and they would work perfectly if I just did bench shooting. They won't stand up in practical rifle, so I returned them, no questions asked. The company I bought them from, owned and run by college students in St. Louis who import and sell over Amazon, refunded me the money without question and said, "keep them, please." Try getting service like that from Walmart....
That cheap China crap and manufacturing over seas went away at 12:00 eastern when Trump took office
He said it,it must be true:confused:

Maybe this is the exception, but I have bought two products directly from the Amazon store that had been resealed but sold as new. Both those products did not fit at all, not even close, wrong item, incorrectly marked, obviously in the wrong box. Contacted Amazon and got no help at all. They didn't care in the least. Wound up doing extensive mods with a Dremel tool.

Even after all this, I still buy stuff from Amazon. Most of my orders were just fine. I rarely buy third party, but when I do, I check them out first. How long have they been a seller? Any bad feedback, etc?

I read once that many Amazon product reviews are fake. Done either by promoters if positive review, or done by competition if negative review. I'd be interested in opinions of others as to whether that is a factual accusation.

Maybe this is the exception, but I have bought two products directly from the Amazon store that had been resealed but sold as new. Both those products did not fit at all, not even close, wrong item, incorrectly marked, obviously in the wrong box. Contacted Amazon and got no help at all. They didn't care in the least. Wound up doing extensive mods with a Dremel tool.

Even after all this, I still buy stuff from Amazon. Most of my orders were just fine. I rarely buy third party, but when I do, I check them out first. How long have they been a seller? Any bad feedback, etc?

I read once that many Amazon product reviews are fake. Done either by promoters if positive review, or done by competition if negative review. I'd be interested in opinions of others as to whether that is a factual accusation.

Yup, lots of fake reviews. Now I give all online reviews the skeptical stinky fish eye. o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top