JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have now seen 2 fakes being sold on Amazon they were both Trijicon items. The items usually sell as used from the warehouse. I had to return a RMR due to this now I find a RMO. I have contacted Amazon about this they seem lost to say the least. Ultimately the customer pays, I just do not want someone to pay that kind of money for a fake. If you are unsure what they look like google it. The trijicon box maybe real but the item could be a fake.
Please use caution.

You want to be very careful buying batteries there too. They seem to be pretty bad at dealing with counterfeits. I've seen items that sell well and get good reviews for months and then suddenly everyone is getting counterfeits or really poor quality products. Seems to happen a lot. You really have to pay attention to the reviews.

You run this risk buying from ANY on line operation unless you are buying directly from the manufacturer. There is a TONS of fake stuff made in China since there is money to be made from it. This has long been a problem with Cell phone batteries since they can make for a pretty impressive fire for such a small battery. I shop the crap out of Amazon for just this reason. They have so far showed the best customer service I have ever seen. Make returns easier than anyplace I have shopped at. One thing to watch with Amazon is who is selling the item. Is it Amazon, or is it some 3d party seller using them. Most of the "problems" I have had with Amazon was stuff from a 3d party. Amazon really puts the screws to them though and makes them make it right. At least for me.

The 2 I have come across we're from Amazon warehouse used. Yes they will accept returns but some may not catch it at all or in time for a return. Yea they can have good service at times. But they don't seem to care the two times I have contacted them on this issue. Yea items returned but who want to deal with that. I just want people to be aware of this and check said item. I bet some of the bad reviews are for fakes and they didn't even know. Point is educated yourself and use caution.

Doesn't prime guarantee a refund on prime items?

We have Prime account. Most of what I buy is Prime for the fast ship. They (Amazon) have always been great about problems no matter if it was prime or not with one exception. I did one time have to do a charge back. Not sure what happened that time with them that time. There is also some caveat on things like motorcycle batteries. I can't remember what it was they said about them and those jump boxes but they can't be shipped back IIRC. They made it real clear at order whatever the restrictions were.

Yeah, that's why I generally don't mind paying a little more to buy locally. Plus, it keeps local shops up and running.

I use amazon and have never had a problem,

But one question. If this is "used" it vary well could have been someone buying a trijicon and returning a fake to them.
Basically they get a real trijicon for the fake price.

People have been doing this kind of stuff for years. You think those people will know the difference?

I bought a cheap Chinese scope once from Amazon, knowing full well it was a cheap Chinese product. Found it interesting that it had Leupold instructions inside the box.

They went downhill since they let any ol' schmuck sell now. Also watch for sellers that say "new" next to them and have significantly lower prices. They forge a tracking number and by the time you figure out it is fake they have been paid.

I use amazon and have never had a problem,

But one question. If this is "used" it vary well could have been someone buying a trijicon and returning a fake to them.
Basically they get a real trijicon for the fake price.

People have been doing this kind of stuff for years. You think those people will know the difference?

This is what I think is going on I didn't want to say how it happening partly because I don't want to give anybody some bad ideas. There's more to it, I just don't want to see this continued. New items from Amazon directly don't seem to be the issue. But I know for a fact they sell allot of used like new.

Some items are just best to buy from a brick and mortar store. You know what you get when you get it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top