JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Opening day in Oregon, got an invite from a vendor to go salmon fishing with a guide in Astoria. Whole boat limited (1 each) by noon. Fought my first salmon ever, just never went. Think I will do this again, way fun and man this sucker fought back. Guide was working his cell phone with the other guides he knows and got us on the fish.

This baby is dinner tonight!

25C02070-4CA1-4583-8D0A-045AD1772BD9.jpeg

This fish should be returned to the aboriginal peoples of the Northwest immediately. What you have done is to further exploit the limited resources of the First Nation people. I can intercede on your behalf if you bring this fish to my home here in Clark County, where I will return it to the rightful owners. On another unrelated note, what temperature is Salmon baked at?

You are hooked now my friend!!! :D:D:D

I sure am. I am looking to go again as soon as I can find an open seat.

I love smoking meats and have all 5 of the salmon bellies from our boat on Friday. They spent 14hrs in brine (flake salt, molasses, and water). Pulled this AM and paper towel dried them. They are on wire racks in the fridge drying right now, in a few hrs they will go into the smoker at 140 on applewood. Maple syrup on stand by to glaze them with. Smoking in a Fast Eddies Cookshack FEC120, made in Ponca City OK. Beast of a reverse smoke smoker with the firebox in a separate chamber. I will give the other three guys on the charter one of each of the bellies. I probably should have brined the two tail sections of the fillets since this is a lot of work for two salmon bellies for me!

This fish should be returned to the aboriginal peoples of the Northwest immediately. What you have done is to further exploit the limited resources of the First Nation people. I can intercede on your behalf if you bring this fish to my home here in Clark County, where I will return it to the rightful owners. On another unrelated note, what temperature is Salmon baked at?

450 for about 12 min. With salt, lemon pepper, and sprigs of fresh dill under thinly sliced lemon rounds. In honor of our native peoples, its served with a nice PNW Chardonnay. ;)

You're lucky that ODFW allowed you to retain a naive fish. It's a real heart breaker having to release one that nice.

Very lucky indeed. Two weeks only season with 1 fish per day limit. The two natives that came over the rail were both monsters.

BTW: As a firearms forum, that is a Glock 20SF on my chest! That chest rig I have on is a Hill People Gear chest pack V2. Crazy comfortable, allows full movement holds tons of gear including the Glock 20SF in the inner pouch. (with a Fricke Zacchaeus trigger guard holster) I will do a separate post on this setup, been using it all summer and it's outstanding.

My method of preparing fresh salmon is laying on a cedar plank in the BBQ or baked no longer than 20 minuets in the oven with thin sliced sweet onion.

Congrats on getting hooked. This is worth getting up at 2am to get to fishin at daybreak. AAHHH.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top