JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When i was selling off one of my rifles last weekend at a pawn shop, i floated over to the pistol case. They had a line of smith&wesson beat up revolvers and a few others. They spoke to me like an m1 did at a gunshow i once went too.
Guns like a colt saa, a python, model 29 have always been in the plan to have one day in my collection, when i get in a place to reestablish one.
Something inside said i need a revolver.
Im curious if you guys got recomendations, something not to pricey, feels/looks classic, preferably in 357?
Smith & wesson has been growning on me lately as well, my only prior experience with them growing up was an ugly polymer pistol in .40 that had the worst sights i have ever used. But their product line seems to be speaking for itself, contemplated a m&p 10 from em. Took notice of the trr8 - 8 rounds of 357 in sexy black is a pretty convincing argument, but lack a classic look. Have experience with a single action ruger as well that i shot very well and enjoyed the "divot and blade" style sights (dont know the real name)
Anyways curious on experience and recomendations that could scratch and itch? Dont wanna repress it then blow all my money on a python when i cave in:rolleyes:

I can tell you with certainty that my 6" no-dash S&W 686 was my favorite gun I owned before I lost it in the boating accident.

1FA7E588-5596-4360-A007-46318F8CCBB6.jpeg

We load our boats full of guns and don't think about the extra wt lol kinda like a crab boat overload with pots and head out into a storm

Well that narrows it down lol,

Well if you want a wheel gun in .357 it's REAL hard to "go wrong" with a S&W. Main thing is what do you, and this is what matters, what YOU want from it? Is it for carry? Mod 19 good with the right tube. Home use and fun? Mod 27 is hard to pass. The beefier models will of course hold up to full house loads better than the lighter. It's all a trade off of course. Main thing is if it's for home and or fun try a larger one with a longer tube. With a good one chances are it will last the rest of your life if you decide to keep it. I have seen some worn out but it is VERY rare. Few will shoot one enough in a lifetime to wear out something like 27.

If I could only have one of the S&W's mentioned it would either be the 4" 66 that's hidden in the house currently or a 6" 686. The 686 with that barrel length is just about a perfect revolver to me. It just feels right. A bit long for carry you can argue, but it more than makes up for that in other ways.

More range and home, im partial to 6", minimum 5" 686 looks sharp

If you want one in stainless this would do it and as I mentioned it should last the rest of your life. I doubt you would ever shoot it enough to wear it out. They run a few bucks to lay hands on one but think of it as something you can shoot the rest of your time and pass on. Of if you get tired of it some day sell it for what you have in it or more.

I am leaning on "Air Weight's" in the big bore sizes my self, preferably a .44 or .45 Colt! Pricy, but less then others, looked at Pythons or Dan Wesson's lately?
Then there are "Replicas" like Haws and Uberti and even Taurus for a good wheel gun at a good price. And don't forget Ruger, the Red Hawk and Black Hawk are hard to beat!

I'm thinking I need to brush off the scuba diving equipment and go diving around here. Should find a whole lot of nice weapons.

Fight the addiction.

But I will enable you, the Smith 686 and 686+ are awesome 357 wheelguns. But if you plan to get a Python ever, you may want to save up and get one of those cause the value is increasing at a stupid rate. Next year they'll all be firm in the $3000s.

A Webley MKIV would be right up your alley, even has a cool break action with an auto eject... expensive guns now, and ammo isn't cheap nor is it too common.
Smith & Wesson J frames are cool too.
I bought a Ruger SP101 3" in .357Mag, it's pretty cool but i'm still getting used to the recoil.

Colt makes better guns than SW, but they aren't as pretty.
Colt, SW, and Ruger are the three main manufacturers I would consider if you want a revolver.

Don't throw rocks, but Taurus makes a decent revolver for cheap. You could also get a Chiapa Rhino, or even a Mateba... but ONLY if you want to look like a wicked anime character.

When i was selling off one of my rifles last weekend at a pawn shop, i floated over to the pistol case. They had a line of smith&wesson beat up revolvers and a few others. They spoke to me like an m1 did at a gunshow i once went too.
Guns like a colt saa, a python, model 29 have always been in the plan to have one day in my collection, when i get in a place to reestablish one.
Something inside said i need a revolver.
Im curious if you guys got recomendations, something not to pricey, feels/looks classic, preferably in 357?
Smith & wesson has been growning on me lately as well, my only prior experience with them growing up was an ugly polymer pistol in .40 that had the worst sights i have ever used. But their product line seems to be speaking for itself, contemplated a m&p 10 from em. Took notice of the trr8 - 8 rounds of 357 in sexy black is a pretty convincing argument, but lack a classic look. Have experience with a single action ruger as well that i shot very well and enjoyed the "divot and blade" style sights (dont know the real name)
Anyways curious on experience and recomendations that could scratch and itch? Dont wanna repress it then blow all my money on a python when i cave in:rolleyes:

Model 27, model 19, model 686... they won't steer you wrong. Or you could go for a model 57, my personal fav in .41 Magnum!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top