JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The little bugger was on my bed! He is dead now.

I don't have a problem with spiders in my house, they don't bother me much.

Woke up this morning to this guy on the bed spread.
View attachment 288922

Who's else has been having a large number of spiders in their house or around their house in the last year or so?

I have no clue where they are coming from.
I have seen a lot around. Had one in my bedroom for 2 nights. killed both of them. I am fine with snakes, and bees and stuff like that but I hate spiders and wasps.

Unfortunatly the brown recluse is not native to Oregon nor is the black widow. Now, black widows "can" be in far far DRY eastern and southern Oregon.. But remember for there to be a population you need to have mates, for generations. 90% of arachnids are misidentified because other spiders have similar physical characteristics.. But not quite.

Odds are it was a hobo spider or something similar in color, but the bite is nasty just the same.. However everyones body reacts differently to the necrosis toxin.
My aunt found a black widow in her bed and she lives in Redmond.

This one was about 2" across...
I dunno what kinda spider it is, I don't care. He was open season...

And talking about stink bugs....Well my mower runs better now that I cleaned out the stink bug orgy..
View attachment 289014 View attachment 289013

Those big spiders eat a lot of bugs & they don't work for free, so I hope you got a back-up
plan for getting rid of the bugs

My aunt found a black widow in her bed and she lives in Redmond.
I'm not saying she's a liar but it's very unlikely. That and you need quite a few to make a population otherwise it's an anomaly. However eastern and southern Oregon would have climates that would suit a black widow. However we do have what are called pseudo-black widows and to the untrained eye they sure do look like a black widow

I'm not saying she's a liar but it's very unlikely. That and you need quite a few to make a population otherwise it's an anomaly. However eastern and southern Oregon would have climates that would suit a black widow. However we do have what are called pseudo-black widows and to the untrained eye they sure do look like a black widow
It may have been one of those. All I know is that she was scared as hell.

I'm aware of pseudo-black widows, I see them daily at work my friend, I'll be back over there at the end if August again and I'll get you a picture of our little black beauty.
One of my co-workers took a nasty hit from one last time we worked in Klickatat, not quite in oregon but spitten distance.

image.png
Unfortunatly the brown recluse is not native to Oregon nor is the black widow. Now, black widows "can" be in far far DRY eastern and southern Oregon.. But remember for there to be a population you need to have mates, for generations. 90% of arachnids are misidentified because other spiders have similar physical characteristics.. But not quite.

Odds are it was a hobo spider or something similar in color, but the bite is nasty just the same.. However everyones body reacts differently to the necrosis toxin.
Found this girl guarding 2 egg sacks a few weeka ago, we do have widows around, most are brought on lawn equipment and such, when people move from California.

Less spiders, indoors this year. Usually have more! When I was four years old a nest of spiders behind the headboard of my bed hatched and the horde charged down, over my head and covered my whole body! The little blighters bite too!
The bites were inconsequential, but try to explain that to a panicked, screaming, four year old! :eek:
Was worse for my poor mom, she tore the door open and flipped the light on just to see a real projectile vomit hit the wall!:( Fortunately I'm not afraid of spiders at all, no lasting trauma! I gently catch them and release them outside, often leave them alone in the house. :)

The other night while reading in bed, a small fuzzy black spider decided that my ear canal would be a cozy place to crawl into. That sure feels weird.

View attachment 304702 Found this girl guarding 2 egg sacks a few weeka ago, we do have widows around, most are brought on lawn equipment and such, when people move from California.

And your in say,,,, roseburg?
Last I checked, that's part of Oregon.
It guess that's kind like our European ancestors, they weren't native to oregon either but here we are nonetheless.

Y'all should have been there in Honduras the night (back in the 80's) I had to drive a gun-jeep through (over actually) a "herd" of black tarantulas that had the misfortune of crossing the dirt road I was navigating.

The next morning was the most memorable time I ever spent cleaning a jeep on the wash-rack before returning it to the motor pool. :eek:

I just got to, can't help myself,,
WELCOME BACK OLD BOY!

Snakes,bees, and bugs don't bother me much but two things that I will never take a liking to is bears and arachnids. I will dislodge every piece of furniture and appliance to get to the little abominations. And here is why, I once was heading to bed when I saw a spider near the trim on the wall I grabbed the shop vac and went to work but wasn't able to get him as he went deep into a crevice so I let it go and went sleep. 2am I wake up to a tickle on my chest and there he was preparing to strike, he came down the ceiling as evidence of the web. He came for vengeance and I will not forgive nor forget. My true enemy became clear that night...:eek:

Spiders are our friends!

Maybe it's the attitude toward our Araneae neighbors? Of course in the situation you were in, I don't tolerate their presence either! As much time as I spend working in yards....I get plenty of up close and personal interaction with the little guys! I've learned when working or just walking to put something up in front of me to intercept them and/or their webs. I get some funny looks when I go between shrubs with my arm in front of me, elbow down, arm pointing straight up, finger tips at head height.

To answer the question, no, I don't think there are any more spiders than usual.
59c3b2b17b7162052067f2d748b1f32ca869478904102a9c945c20e38c7bcffc.jpg

Snakes,bees, and bugs don't bother me much but two things that I will never take a liking to is bears and arachnids. I will dislodge every piece of furniture and appliance to get to the little abominations. And here is why, I once was heading to bed when I saw a spider near the trim on the wall I grabbed the shop vac and went to work but wasn't able to get him as he went deep into a crevice so I let it go and went sleep. 2am I wake up to a tickle on my chest and there he was preparing to strike, he came down the ceiling as evidence of the web. He came for vengeance and I will not forgive nor forget. My true enemy became clear that night...:eek:

It must be a beeach tearing through that stuff when you have to get to a bear!!! :)

Ok just one more for you spider lovers, I found this one in my pear orchard, and this is a rather large spider, the back end of this thing was the size of my thumb nail. image.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top