JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The little bugger was on my bed! He is dead now.

I don't have a problem with spiders in my house, they don't bother me much.

Woke up this morning to this guy on the bed spread.
image.jpeg

Who's else has been having a large number of spiders in their house or around their house in the last year or so?

I have no clue where they are coming from.

Spiders are our friends!

Maybe it's the attitude toward our Araneae neighbors? Of course in the situation you were in, I don't tolerate their presence either! As much time as I spend working in yards....I get plenty of up close and personal interaction with the little guys! I've learned when working or just walking to put something up in front of me to intercept them and/or their webs. I get some funny looks when I go between shrubs with my arm in front of me, elbow down, arm pointing straight up, finger tips at head height.

To answer the question, no, I don't think there are any more spiders than usual.

i found what i believe to be a brown recluse 2 days ago in my garage, while doing some cleaning up.. now its a brown spot on the cement.

i found what i believe to be a brown recluse 2 days ago in my garage, while doing some cleaning up.. now its a brown spot on the cement.
Guessing here, maybe a house spider. They get large. As a matter of fact, last week I was cleaning up, and I found one with a leg span of a silver dollar under a bench. It got my attention. I shuttled it to the wood pile out back.

Another interesting time (our bed is 3 feet off the floor) at about 2am one morning, sleeping, oh so restfully, when I wake to something crawling down my leg. I tore the covers off, and I literally did an "exit> stage left out of the bed and hit the floor. It was almost the same for my wife. That dang spider was the size of a quarter. Had hairy legs and BIG fangs for mauing on.....not me....lol.

I'm not afraid of spiders, but whe I get woke from a dead sleep, I'm bailing!!:eek:

I get a few wolf spiders in the house often throughout the year. A few times I'll find a black widow. I just catch them and toss them out or see if they'll fight each other.

This one was about 2" across...
I dunno what kinda spider it is, I don't care. He was open season...

And talking about stink bugs....Well my mower runs better now that I cleaned out the stink bug orgy..
sti.jpg target.jpg

Unfortunatly the brown recluse is not native to Oregon nor is the black widow. Now, black widows "can" be in far far DRY eastern and southern Oregon.. But remember for there to be a population you need to have mates, for generations. 90% of arachnids are misidentified because other spiders have similar physical characteristics.. But not quite.

Odds are it was a hobo spider or something similar in color, but the bite is nasty just the same.. However everyones body reacts differently to the necrosis toxin.

Last Edited:
Unfortunatly the brown recluse is not native to Oregon nor is the black widow. Now, black widows "can" be in far far DRY eastern and southern Oregon.. But remember for there to be a population you need to have mates, for generations. 90% of arachnids are misidentified because other spiders have similar physical characteristics.. But not quite.

Odds are it was a hobo spider or something similar in color, but the bite is nasty just the same.. However everyones body reacts differently to the necrosis toxin.

Ya i am not sure,, all i know for sure, is it looked just like a black widow, shiny body,but was brown instead of black about the size of a quarter.

Kinda reminds me of a few months ago, i was staying in a countryside hotel in rural Australia, i didnt check the bed, had the lights out crawled in,, and felt something small and squishy and then, felt like something bit my leg,,, i freaked out jumped out of the bed, turned on the lights, pulled back the covers and low and behold,, there was a rubberband in my bed,, that when i rubbed my leg on it, pulled my leg hair and felt like a bite.. I laughed my ''A''.. off..

Last Edited:
I'm not afraid to say I'm a first class biznitch when it comes to spiders.

Just cleaned up the garage and found two spiders about the size of a silver dollar. One was dead and one was not-yet.

When I was in kentucky I would go run after work at night. And these huge spiders (wolf?) would come out on the sidewalk. So I would be running along and then this bog black SOBs would just start darting around.

Hard to run with crap in your pants.

Y'all should have been there in Honduras the night (back in the 80's) I had to drive a gun-jeep through (over actually) a "herd" of black tarantulas that had the misfortune of crossing the dirt road I was navigating.

The next morning was the most memorable time I ever spent cleaning a jeep on the wash-rack before returning it to the motor pool. :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top