JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry troll; I won't engage in a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed
No word from the indoor cat people? I'm disappointed. It sounded like you thought you had moral high ground in the other thread. I guess you're too busy imprisoning more of god's creatures to respond.

My cat has been training for the Post-Apocalyptic-Wasteland for years. He heads out each day to practice his survival skills, which includes: Hunting, Savaging, Self-Defense and prolong outings (2-4 days) where he shelters down in place (i.e. finds or makes his own shelter).

We never have a cat box, and even though we have a bowl of food for him at all times, he rarely eats at home. He only comes home to relax and get some lovin (what a softy)...

I do admit, I like it when he is home; I feel a little safer with a mini PUMA in the house! (in mind not body)

Disclaimer: He is neutered to prevent the spread of his overpowering genes.

Sorry troll; I won't engage in a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed

I concealed-carry my wit. You just can't see it. :) You're welcome to not respond to this thread anymore.

My cat has been training for the Post-Apocalyptic-Wasteland for years. He heads out each day to practice his survival skills, which includes: Hunting, Savaging, Self-Defense and prolong outings (2-4 days) where he shelters down in place (i.e. finds or makes his own shelter).
We never have a cat box, and even though we have a bowl of food for him at all times, he rarely eats at home. He only comes home to relax and get some lovin (what a softy)...
I do admit, I like it when he is home; I feel a little safer with a mini PUMA in the house! (in mind not body)
Disclaimer: He is neutered to prevent the spread of his overpowering genes.

Your cat sounds awesome. I kind of wish I was him. (minus the neutering part, of course!)

My GF has two cats, 2 and 3 years old. Both indoor/outdoor critters using dual flaps on the garage door and into the house. Strays come in to sleep on a blanket in the garage, but the resident cats patrol and keep them out of the house. So that's cool.

But why, why, why do they spend the entire day out, come inside to poop in a litter box in the basement, and head back out???

New development this spring, daily bird carnage in the house. Every single day! No carcasses or blood. Just piles of feathers and a big orange cat with a very content look on his face. We think he's swallowing them whole. Not sure how he tackled a HUGE blue jay last month and squeezed through the flaps with it. That one survived and got away.

If you have a cat that needs an indoor litterbox - and the cat is under 17-18 lbs, get a Litter Robot. No more sifting through a nasty litter box, no smells. Just a one a week poop dump.

I think there are things called "leash laws". Are cat's not pets to be kept as such? Anyone with the argument of "freeing God's creatures to play outside" is a bleeping idiot. If you gave a rat's a$$ about the cat, you never would have "owned" one in the first place. Remember, when you eat that steak, chicken breast or whatever is in your greasy drive-through sack, you are completely violating your "be free and live!" BS. A cat is like one of those skin-eating fish on a shark(remora?). They have a function, but the higher up on the food chain wins. Last I checked, we are still on top of the food chain. By the way, we have a 3 year old cat named Larissa. We keep her inside because we respect our neighbors and the laws put in place. We also live in an area with many raccoon's, oppossum's and even skunk's(anyone else notice skunk's moving closer into the center of town? we had one in the neighborhood last summer and no, it wasn't my neighbor's garden) and do not wish her harm. I am also amused by people that consider themselves "pet lovers" and are more concerned with the vet bill than the fact that Fluffy just had half of his/her intestines cut out by one of the previously mentioned vermin. Also, lot's of people wait for a "outside cat" to come home and it never does. I'm not having that conversation with my boy just yet. I guess in the end, we will all do as we see fit. I'm just glad I'm right and you guys are wrong. XOXO, Kip.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top