JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This came up in the Raccoon thread, and I thought there were enough strong opinions to really get everybody going. Let me start with one of those opinions:

Indoor cats are a waste of everything, and should be put down or put outside.

I've had cats ever since I was very young, and they've always gone in or out when they wanted to, providing that someone was there to open the door. They've always hunted, kept the house and property free of ground pests. I find that almost 100% of indoor only cats are fat, lazy, pathetic examples of their species whose existence is mostly just to piss on things, ruin furniture, and make lonely people feel less lonely and look more pathetic.

"They don't live as long outside." True. So what? They reproduce like rabbits. Let them live a short, excellent life doing what they were born to do; what no creature on this planet does better than them: Hunt. (Besides that, if you find a cat cunning and strong enough to stay alive for 5+ years outside, It'll probably be alive much longer than that, and is worth 1000 indoor cats.

"The Vet bill is higher." Why are you spending that much money on a creature that costs nothing to replace? Get it worm meds and the standard shots and after that If a raccoon tears its belly open or the neighbor backs over it in his truck or its kidneys fail from eating too much rodent intestine, let it die and get a new one.

Begin. :)

I like my cat but she spends 75% of her time outside. I let her in on cold nights but she goes out first thing in the morning. If she does spend the night outside I leave the shop door 'cracked' and she has carpet to sleep on or can go up in the loft. On weekends I usually keep a fire going in the shop woodstove so it is house-warm all weekend. My cat does not suffer. The pic is when she was a kitten last August.
leather 002.jpg

leather 002.jpg

1 cat named Napoleon, hes a goof ball and thinks hes a dog. I call him a Dat, he plays catch and retrieves, he cuddles constantly and even gos for walks with me.

I named him Napoleon not for the little dictator but for Napoleon Dynamite, hes a total spaswad of a cat.

No word from the indoor cat people? I'm disappointed. It sounded like you thought you had moral high ground in the other thread. I guess you're too busy imprisoning more of god's creatures to respond.

By some definitions I am definitely a troll. I have no problem at all expressing my opinion in an "in-your-face" manner. However, I'm always on-topic, can and do back up my assertions, and am always willing to engage in ongoing rapport with anyone who wants to converse. If using overconfident sarcasm as a humorous conversational tool is trolling, then throw me under a bridge and march some billy-goats over it.

Yes we do have the moral high ground, that is why we don't associate with you.
Indoor cats do just fine, no suffering here.

If you feel cats are disposable, I'm sure I feel the same about you.

If you revel in the pain you have caused an innocent animal I am sure there is a novice sociopath website you would be more at home with. Hopefully the FBI is watching it.

If you think you know how a cat "feels" it is possible you may need some psychiatric help, this condition is called "anthropomorphisation", that is, attributing human characteristics to animals. This is usually caused by too many stupid Disney movies with talking animals, which you probably have a collection of, how sick and pathetic is that? It usually stops by the age of twelve.

If you think you know what is best for an animal because it is the laziest solution to caring for them, that is also sick and pathetic.

My animal is clean, well fed, parasite free, and currently sleeping.

<a href="http://encyclopedia.farlex.com/Anthropomorphisation">anthropomorphism</a>

Sounds like BOb D has some real issues to deal with. or perhaps a troll ?

Not sure how you respond to the tirade when you consider people who have other indoor animals - such as dogs.
I guess it depends on your situation and your perception if an animal is a pet , a tool, or an object.

Perhaps you could have that discussion with someone who can help you

No word from the indoor cat people? I'm disappointed. It sounded like you thought you had moral high ground in the other thread. I guess you're too busy imprisoning more of god's creatures to respond.

for all you indoor cat types, I've started a thread in which you can try to convince me that an indoor cat is anything but a stupid lump of fur that pees on things.
Cats: Indoor/Outdoor/Both

Nicely done sir. :)

1. Cats are only as disposable as any other creature, or Grandma. They die, it's sad, we move on. Cats are easier to replace than Grandma.

2. I definitely don't revel in suffering caused to any animal, but I see your point. Do you have the address of this "novice sociopath" website?

3. My Disney collection is all on VHS, so I can't even watch them anymore. That aside, discerning humans can tell how many animals are feeling by their body language, behavior, and facial expressions. (yes, pets have faces.) And I've found outdoor pets to act much more like unique, independent creatures, and indoor pets to act like mentally handicapped, developmentally-stunted, overfed, confused fuzzballs.

4. If the cat didn't like to go outside, it wouldn't. It's got food, water, and a litter box inside, and still chooses to spend most of its time outside stalking things, picking at the things, pooping in holes, taunting the neighborhood dogs, climbing, watching, running, sitting, sleeping. My cat is clean, well-fed, parasite free, and currently soaking up the sunshine, sitting on the barbecue cover.

No laziness involved in my cat. I love her, she's a wonderful little ferocious killer, and she warms my lap up every night when I watch "The Fox and the Hound." I've got two goats though, and I'm incredibly lazy about them. That's why I got em though.

I feed my cat, my cat doesn't feed me. Who is smarter?

No marking problems here, all of my cats have been fixed at a young age.

I feel the way a person treats those in their charge is a direct reflection on what kind of human being they are. Kind of a karmic thing.

I see people with dirty poorly fed animals usually have dirty poorly fed children. I call these "free range" kids.

speaking of kids, I have a closer bond with my animals than with my kids, they stay around longer. They weren't such a pain in the butt when they were young.

indoor cats still hunt, come and check the scars on my big toe. I was asleep when attacked, hell of a shock, pissed off and laughing at the same time.

never had to send a pet to college, or buy one a car, to get any kind of affection.

Sheesh, hide everything. Opposable thumbs are the only reason they haven't taken over the world yet.

That isn't stopping them, it's all the naps.

Crap, with thumbs we'll have to send them to college and buy them cars.

Bail them out of jail when they get caught with hooker cats in seedy motels.

Then they could run for congress, then president, better than the losers we have to choose from now.

I would vote for a cat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads