JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

{In some courts, it seems that merely uttering the phrase "gun violence" suffices to justify any exercise of state power. These policies are ineffective, dangerous, and unconstitutional.}

See there is a big problem there. Who says they are unconstitutional? Many judges say they are not. Unless some higher up judge says they are not ok they are law.
Other problems are the plethora of gun owners forever ready to go along with every compromise that comes along. Not to mention none of these laws are supposed to work. The idea is just keep passing laws. When they don't work pass some more. All the while making sure you do not take the criminals off the street.

Good treatise... I posted it to my FB account, from there I can save it to a "collection".

IMO when it comes to handguns, I can change out mags fast enough that it's not gonna make a diff whether I have 33rd mag or 10rd mags. Sooo in an attack a well rehearsed shooter can just carry a bag o mags, or several large pockets full of 10rd mags... makes no difference. It's useless restrictions that don't accomplish anything except feel good for lawmakers and harrassment of gun owners.

Or just comfortably & effectively carry 15's and 33's concealed... until they aren't. ;)

9232DF50-8846-4216-9D09-A6EF0921FDA0.jpeg

Little by little, bit by bit, laws are being brought forth in legislation. There should be no debate. There should be no compromises. Essentially all regarding this, is punching holes (loopholes) in an ongoing effort that's eroding Our Right.. To Keep and Bear Arms. I don't necessarily "follow" the Oregon legislation mantra regarding what laws are in the push, though they all (the states in general) are using the same playbook with a different cover. This needs to stop. The 2nd Amendment. We The People. ALL FOR ONE - ONE FOR ALL.
I live in WA. Since I-1639, and I-594 has become law, the system has erupted with ridiculousness. I would like to see I-1639, and I-594 (now laws) be brought to the floor again for a vote. Not just in Washington State, every state currently implementing the same.

Little by little, bit by bit, laws are being brought forth in legislation. There should be no debate. There should be no compromises. Essentially all regarding this, is punching holes (loopholes) in an ongoing effort that's eroding Our Right.. To Keep and Bear Arms. I don't necessarily "follow" the Oregon legislation mantra regarding what laws are in the push, though they all (the states in general) are using the same playbook with a different cover. This needs to stop. The 2nd Amendment. We The People. ALL FOR ONE - ONE FOR ALL.
I live in WA. Since I-1639, and I-594 has become law, the system has erupted with ridiculousness. I would like to see I-1639, and I-594 (now laws) be brought to the floor again for a vote. Not just in Washington State, every state currently implementing the same.

I'm from Oregon. What impact did I 1639 and I 594 have? What problems resulted due to these laws? Any reports from the State of Washington on the impact and or problems that resulted? Any increase in crimes with criminals as a result of these laws?

Exactly the point. The "laws" were the proving ground they can fall back on. A progressive rung in the ladder that does no damn good, but law.

Firearms used in self defense statistics
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/ascii/hvfsdaft.txt

There is one estimate that about 8 % of violent crimes against people and property law abiding citizens use firearms. See the above article. The anti's always argue the negative but do not come up with transparency for the big picture. Police do carry high capacity mags because they do not want to be outgunned by violent criminals. So, should law abiding citizens be outgunned?

TWO PATTERNS OF FED GOVERNMENT STUDIES THAT APPEAR IRREFUTABLE. These findings are "context specific" because defense gun use varies from one situation-type to another. 1) Defensive gun use minimizes personal injury as compared to other forms of self-defense (CDC).
2) With respect to active shooter incidents the FBI reported in their 50 incident "active shooter" study in 2016-2017 in 8 of 10 incidents (16 % of these incidents) that lawfully armed citizens or unarmed citizens ceased, minimized or reduced potential harm to possible victims and saved lives of law enforcement. This is good information for the public.

Good treatise... I posted it to my FB account, from there I can save it to a "collection".

IMO when it comes to handguns, I can change out mags fast enough that it's not gonna make a diff whether I have 33rd mag or 10rd mags. Sooo in an attack a well rehearsed shooter can just carry a bag o mags, or several large pockets full of 10rd mags... makes no difference. It's useless restrictions that don't accomplish anything except feel good for lawmakers and harrassment of gun owners.
Get shooters to buy ruger or HK and they won't be able to afford multiple magazines

Get shooters to buy ruger or HK and they won't be able to afford multiple magazines

Good one! As much as I love all 3 of my MK's one thing that really burns me is mags. Every damn new model is a new mag. Of course when a model hits the factory had no mags for sale for at least a year. Was one time I was really happy about Ebay. Last MKII was no problem but the III and IV both it was the only place to get more mags without paying scalper price. Now I have to keep the mags separate to make sure I don't get to the range with the wrong mags for the pistol I have . Did this one time :mad:
By now I have to have enough invested in mags to buy another nice pistol :mad:

Yep, every failure becomes a 'reason' (ie. excuse) to keep doubling down on the stupid.

This isn't working...let's do it even more!!!o_O

That's not rational.

But the extrmistist will not stop...their real goals won't allow it.

Boss

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads