JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is an interesting one from a historical perspective. I also found it interesting he published it this morning, as there are independence demonstrations in Cataluña this week.

P.S. The two books Ian recommends on Spanish handguns are good resources. A third that I would recommend, if one is interested in said topic, is Spanish Handguns: The History of Spanish Pistols & Revolvers, by Gene Gangarosa, Jr.

spain.jpg

LOL! I find the history interesting, but there is no way I'd fire one of those. I'd be afraid it would result in a slide embedded in my noggin. Still, they may not be as bad as the Chinese Mystery Pistols. :s0112:

As a collector of early semiauto pistols I found this video really interesting. Amazing he was able to secure four pistols out of a total of less than 300. If you go to YouTube and search for videos by C&Rsenal you will find a series of videos on both early pistols and rifles which are also very well done. Thanks for posting!;)

Well Ian McCollum doesn't do the securing of pistols I believe. He does the vetting of said secured pistols, maybe even the valuation of the same.

He does get access to a whole mess of awesome one offs thanks to his employers like RIA and JDJ.

If he wasn't taking time to make videos on these guns, we'd only know of them through purely academic work like the books suggested by him and CG here.

For me, and I think most public, the videos are infinitely more interesting and consumable than the text books.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top