JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a question. Does anyone locally cast bullets and can you make silver bullets from old silver coins? Is the silver content high enough in something like a 1922 silver dollar? I would love to have a few silver bullets just for giggles.

you will have to be able to concentrate considerable heat to a melting pot, [much hotter than lead] once the melting temp is reached it would melt and pour much like lead. depending on which caliber you are pouring for it could be in the pretty damned spendy range to cast silver bullits.

Silver coinage might be a bit too hard----if you actually intend to shoot them. Maybe something closer to
pure silver?

I was hesitant to ask on this forum about fabrication techniques for wooden stakes and the correct mallet to use (regarding impact velocities, penetration characteristics on chest cavities of the undead and such). I guess I shouldn't have been so concerned.

Just fill the hollow of some JHPs with fresh garlic, that will take care of vampires and werewolfs.

Alternately, fire a wood pencil using a blank for vampires.

H

i like to keep it simple

Old-vampire-killing-kits09.jpg
I was hesitant to ask on this forum about fabrication techniques for wooden stakes and the correct mallet to use (regarding impact velocities, penetration characteristics on chest cavities of the undead and such). I guess I shouldn't have been so concerned.

not sure how high of a silver content you would want - Oregon Trail / Laser-cast / True Shot bullets have an amount of silver in their alloy. If you are just looking to make them for display that's one thing, but if you are looking to make them and actually shoot them you may want something a little softer than coins. I did find this site all about the history of silver, how it became the choice for werewolves and the quest to make some silver bullets...
Silver Bullets

not sure if anyone will do it for you, as long as it is american currency, last I heard it was still illegal to melt coinage down, other wise, anyone know of someone who will melt down 200 pounds of the higher copper content pennies

not sure if anyone will do it for you, as long as it is american currency, last I heard it was still illegal to melt coinage down, other wise, anyone know of someone who will melt down 200 pounds of the higher copper content pennies

I know just what ya mean, but it is still illegal to melt down us currency, even though it is getting closer to play money all the time. You'll hafta do it yourself, I don't think there will be enough profit to get a real split on 20

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top