JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just curious, but why don't you carry the silver bullet as the first round?

Screenshot_2016-05-01-19-05-03.png

I run my Pro-melt at about 720 for my wheel weight + Linotype alloys. It looks like there's more gas in the thermostat by a couple of clicks. Definitely not gonna be enough to push past the 1700 or so we would need to melt silver. A cast iron pot on a propane turkey fryer might do it. Anyone ladle casting that way? How hot can you get? I gots some silvah fo some boolits too!

Last Edited:
@Benchrest might be someone that could possibly assist you - I believe he is one of a number here that cast their own. I think he's the kind of guy that might be up for an interesting challenge.

But... It's a Rhino. The barrel is on the bottom. So it's the second round to be fired? Or the fourth? Just in case you miss the first (second/third) time?
Haha. I'm yanking chain. Sorry.

Not only that but it's held upside down with a rear facing cant.

Look who owns it... That says enough. Damn vampire wanting to kill of werewolves.

I run my Pro-melt at about 720 for my wheel weight + Linotype alloys. It looks like there's more gas in the thermostat by a couple of clicks. Definitely not gonna be enough to push past the 1700 or so we would need to melt silver. A cast iron pot on a propane turkey fryer might do it. Anyone ladle casting that way? How hot can you get? I gots some silvah fo some boolits too!

I have an oxy/acetylene torch that will melt it, "both pure oxygen (99.5%) and acetylene in proper proportions to yield a flame of about 3,480 degrees Celsius."

Would need a pot and dies though.
Edit- Looks like a plain ol plumbers propane torch will melt it as well.

Found this on wiki but it's probably nothing most folks don't already know:
http://m.wikihow.com/Melt-Silver

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads