JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone ever use these with their 'Clear Lube' ?

Sportsman's Whorehouse has a 500 round box of .45 ACP for like $49.95 and that's not a bad deal.

Keep me shooting my 1911 for a while!
Must be a different store than I've been to. :D

with cast performance you should not need any lube
Yea - I wasn't asking if they needed lube or not - I was simply wondering if anyone had used them with the 'Clear lube' as they mention using on their bullets as they don't appear to have any lube on them as other bullets do.

Yea - I wasn't asking if they needed lube or not - I was simply wondering if anyone had used them with the 'Clear lube' as they mention using on their bullets as they don't appear to have any lube on them as other bullets do.
No mention of what it's made of? It's interesting. I guess if you tried some and they didn't work well you could slather some alox or paste wax on them. That is a good price.

Yep they work great as is. Only complaint I have is when the ship them they are loose in the box with plenty of space to rattle around in transit. Not a huge deal unless they are gas checked, in which case you will find a good number have parted ways with thier gas check. Now these guys do it right with very nice packaging and a personal touch.

Yea the box in Sportsman's has been opened but I'll guess all 500 are in it.

I was thinking of asking them to make me a deal on it since it's been there a long time. Heck I don't even see this particular style of bullet on the Cast Performance website.

No mention of what it's made of

"Special proprietary formula" I think it said on the box I had so they don't want us to know. Fair enough. My experience was not positive. Relatively mild loads in .32 H&R Mag. resulted in lots of leading. Didn't get many fired before I quit. I cast larger, more expensive bullets but long ago decided to pass on casting relatively cheap .32's. I've tried every other brand that Midway sells or sold, didn't have any problems with those.

I suppose their coating idea is something like the polymer ('lipstick") coating offered on many brands now. But the Clear Lube seems dryer and harder.

Before polymer coated lead bullets came along, some manufacturers used different compounds to coat lubricant on their product. Speer lead bullets have some kind of "multiple" coating, they won't say what. It's dark like molybdenum or graphite. When Remington was selling lead bullets for reloading, their product was dark, almost black and looked a lot like dried liquid graphite. Hornady lead bullets are coated with some kind of powder, looks like finely ground mica but they also aren't saying what it is. Their bullets are knurled, the powder gets into that impressed pattern. Hornady lead bullets, I think they brand them Frontier now, are very soft. They are swaged bullets but my experience with them has been very good, I've never experienced any leading with their product up to the max. recommended velocity.

I was thinking of asking them to make me a deal on it since it's been there a long time.

See if you can talk to the dept. manager, point out that the box is open and therefore the count is in question, and see if they will chop the price for damaged goods. Won't hurt to ask.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top