JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need a good source for hard cast gas checked bullets for 30-06. I'm thinking of 150 grain for bullet weight and using 700X powder. I'm not having a lot of luck finding a good source for the bullets. Got gobs of powder. I'm in Lebanon Oregon.

I don't know anything about Badmans rifle bullets but I've shot thousands of his 240gr 44 magnum and 158gr 357 bullets. Easy to deal with and way fast shipping

700X? I suppose, but with all the whining about poor metering...
Do you have any sort of load data? I know about "THE LOAD," but would still recommend looking for some load data. I used Lyman and RCBS cast bullet manuals back when I was loading lead bullets for my .30-06 and .30-30.
You don't need gas checks if you are just shooting light creampuff 700X loads. I use gas checks when I go above 1800 fps.
Be sure to slug your barrel. Slug a ball of lead about 2" into the rifling from the breech end and slug another down the length of the barrel to detect any loose or tight areas that could indicate barrel will never shoot lead without horrible leading.
Be sure bullets are AT LEAST 0.001" larger and I prefer 0.002". If needed look for a gunsmith who can do it for you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top