JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Clark Rifles hosts monthly Cast Bullet Association matches for military rifles on the first Wednesday and traditional bench rifles the third Saturday of the month, January through August. Our 100-300 yard covered range has radiant overhead heat. Fees are $15 for the match. Come for some great fun and shooting.

Clark Rifles hosts monthly Cast Bullet Association matches for military rifles on the first Wednesday and traditional bench rifles the third Saturday of the month, January through August. Our 100-300 yard covered range has radiant overhead heat. Fees are $15 for the match. Come for some great fun and shooting.

Do you need to be a member?

Would a .30 Caliber USGI M1 Carbine shooting cast lead be legal to use? Yep, membership required? Irons only? Scopes allowed? How far are is it from you to me. Oh ... easy for me to determine that. Thank you.

One not need to be a member for the matches. Yes, a carbine is acceptable provided one stays on the paper. Modified scope class allows a maximum of 6x, which most of us use. Variables are ok if cranked down to 6x. 03A3's and 1917s predominate, classes are issue, modified iron and modified scope. Two 10 round groups at 100 and two at 200. Twice a year we shoot group and score at 300 yds. Those are parabolas rather than trajectories!

Cast bullet loads are in the vicinity of 1500-1700 fps using 4227, 5744, 2400 and 4198. Basically .357 velocities. I use 19.8 of 4759 at 1575 fps under a 208 gr. bullet.

I'd love to pull out my Mauser and Springfield and introduce my boys to a cast bullet match, but work on Wednesdays (and the boys have school). Has the club considered rotating the matches so half fall on Wednesday and half on Saturday. A rotation like Bench W - Bench S - Military W - Military S. So you would shoot the same class back to back for two months then switch?

Just a thought that might drive attendance.

Unfortunately the military matches are set, BUT....I've fired my military rifles in "production" class on the traditional match says, the third Saturday of the month. So come on up. Scope powers unlimited.:)

Unfortunately the military matches are set, BUT....I've fired my military rifles in "production" class on the traditional match says, the third Saturday of the month. So come on up. Scope powers unlimited.:)

So an iron-sighted Springfield and Mauser wouldn't be too out there on the Saturday match? I also have a cast bullet load for the Garand ... but a semi-auto at a bench rest match probably would be frowned upon?

No, we will welcome you with all. Best to be sighted in at 100 yds and know your dope for 200. Our targets are scope oriented, open sights will not be able to see the targets.

No, we will welcome you with all. Best to be sighted in at 100 yds and know your dope for 200. Our targets are scope oriented, open sights will not be able to see the targets.
0000095-cba-score-group-target-sample-300.gif Here is the target for the traditional matches. Bottom right is a sighter, the other 5 for score. One shot each for score, 4 targets for record at 100, 4 for record at 200. Optics pretty much mandatory. The RO for the match will have to see one is on paper to continue firing.

Just to chime in here, Clark Rifles is an excellent range and the RSO's are top notch. My favorite place to shoot and I go often (as a guest until my membership comes through). Anyone thinking of trying one of their matches should go there with confidence and have a great time!!

I've shot that target before. I don't have scopes for my military surps ... so it looks like this match will not work for me ... too bad as I'd love to participate. I do understand that no match can be everything for everybody.

I was an R/O at Clark Rifles for years, I ran many Highpower and Sporter Rifle matches. I even tried to get Mini-Palma going but that did not gain much traction. I let my membership expire in 2005 due to the birth of a daughter with multiple medical issues. To many demand on my free time, not to mention demands on free cash flow! So my shooting when into hibernation.

About a year ago, three of my kids all at the same time started showing interest in shooting (Yay, I had given up hope!), including the daughter mentioned above. So I'd love a membership to Clark Rifles once again but I know that will never happen due to the way the membership is capped.

I ran the Jr. program at Vancouver Rifles for a lot of years too, but that range is now also closed to new members. So I drive an hour to DRRC now. It's a pain, but the facility is a great environment to teach proper competitive shooting skills in a safe and clean facility. It's far better than the Larch Gravel Pit for sure!

Our waiting list is now down to a year, so come back. The military cast match on the first Wednesday of each month uses the MR31 and MR52 at 100 and 200 yards. Open sights are fine for those targets.

Clark Rifles website states they are not even taking applications due to a 5 year wait list?!?!?. If it's down to a year I'll put in the paper work this weekend!

I can't find my old copy of the bylaws. One range I used to belong to would place members who left in good standing back to the top of the wait list upon reapplication. I was thinking it was Clark Rifles, do you know finnmike? It may have also been Kenmore Range up in Bothell ... I'm not sure as I can't find those bylaws either.

Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top