JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I just picked up a Rossi 92 in 44 with the intention of casting for it. I cast and PC for 300blk, and have had great results. It is however, my first 44, so I don't have any projectiles to mess around with to see what it likes to feed on as far as OAL and projectile profile. I was hoping I could get a few samples of cast bullets from one/some of you guys, from the molds that I am looking at.

My first thoughts are lee 6 cavities, since I'm only plinking, and they make two that look like they will do the trick.

the first is 429-200-RF and the other is 429-240-2R. If anyone near Portland has these molds, I would love to trade/buy a small sample of boolits or even borrow the mold for a day.

So far, I have only tried two different factory loads, both Fiocchi, both SJHP. the 200gr at 1.57" OAL feed fine, and the 240gr at 1.62" OAL do not feed. the 200gr Lee mold should keep me under 1.6" but the 240gr mold will put me over 1.6" if I crimp at the cannelure, but it has a totally round nose, which might help align things.

I have the 429-240 6 cavity mold and I end up with a 1.675 overall with the bullet at the cannelure. Mine go through revolvers so it's not an issue for me. The bullets also drop in the 250+ range with wheelweights . PM your address if you want some to try

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top