JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good luck. Years ago, I scored a Para P-16/40 then later an Ed Brown Match Grade 10mm ramped barrel. Heck of a combination, but rare.

Std. Para and 3rd party mags work well for this one. Be sure to ID a steady source of mags for your build, whichever way you go.

And considering Armscor sells some seriously watered down 10mm ammo, I'd suspect the TAC Ultra FS HC wouldn't be tolerant of full power 10mm auto loads.

I think a heavier weight recoil spring, main spring, and a squared off firing pin stop would be in order before I started feeding it max book loads.

Ok, here goes! I have built 4 Caspian double stacks, and 7 2011 series 1911 double stacks, all are awesome and pretty easy to do and have a worthwhile piece if you take your time! That said, the Caspian builds are a bit easier to build, Caspian supplies all the special parts with the frames, and they can take standard 1911 grip panels. The 2011 series pistols are very nice builds, EXCEPT for the plastic frame grip, and that is a $100 bill minimum to correct with an allow grip! STI are very nice pistols, but you gotta do something about that plastic grip! I found Victoralloys makes a decent alloy grip that can be worked over a lot of ways with out the heavy price of the custom steel or titanium!
For the money, the Caspian is the better build for a more traditional build, and the 2011s for the more custom or trick pistols, especially for competition shooting, the 2011s dominate!:) the last Caspian I built using almost all Fusion parts, came in at just over $1100, and the last 2011 using the same Fusion Parts and top end, cost just shy of $1300! Both shoot extremely well, with the 2011 having a slight edge, and the Caspian is slightly heavier! Nice thing is they both use the same mags, both from Mec-Gear for Para P-16 series, and the 10mm specific mags don't cost more! It's also easy to swap to .40 or 9 MM/.38Super

I've got a 10mm 1911 just for bubblegums n gigs. It's a *edit* sub-par platform for 10mm I think.

I have one just to have one. I will spend my money on DA/SA double stack guns like Tanfoglios, GrandPowers, and hopefully Sigs.

I have a dream of making a P227 framed 10mm pistol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top