JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting. I like the proximity sensor solution. I haven't experienced a case feeder jam issue. But then again, I think I am the only guy left on the face of the planet that doesn't shoot or reload 9mm. Is this something that is a particular problem with 9mm?

Crohnos01: You ain't the only one. I never have and I never will reload the mouse gun caliber called 9mm!!!:):):) .223 is also on my list of never have/never will.;););)

Damm, brother...I don't load/shoot .223 either. We could start a club... But I think membership will be rather small ;)
Many Moons ago I had to Inspect and Repair, as Needed some 40K M-16A1s and I already knew what a lousy gun/caliber I was dealing with. I had gone on a joyride in a Cobra Gunship and ended up with a ringside seat during a "Fire Fight". Every time a VC popped up either a Green Bennie or a USMC Finest would take a shot. We could see the hits and if it was a USMC Finest, well, Charlie went down and stayed down. If it was a GB, Charlie "might" go down but almost always got right back up. Yep, the Finest were shooting their M-14s and the GBs were "plinking" with M-16A1s. Since, I'm not big on shooting "Poodles" the only use I've ever had for a .223/5.56 has been for shooting crows and that gets old pretty quick.

Where do they jam? I have loaded thousands of rounds of 9mm and I have never had a jam problem with the case feeder on my 650. I do have the older dillon case feeder.

In the funnel where they drop out from the case feeder.
That was my guess, but I have never had that problem with the case feeder set to low speed or high speed. My case feeder is about 25 years old. It doesn't have the removable side plate on the bin I see in the new photos.

Are the cases falling too fast and jaming each other or is a case falling sideways and jaming the funnel. Are the case not falling imediately when the U hole clears the side of the case feeder?

Are you lubing the cases before you put them in the feeder?

I use my one and only case feeder for 9mm, 45 acp, .30 carbine, .223, 6.5x55, .308, 30-06 and 8x57. 30 carbine gave me problems before I found out I had to raise the plate by adding a washer under the center hub. All others have feed without issue.

That was my guess, but I have never had that problem with the case feeder set to low speed or high speed. My case feeder is about 25 years old. It doesn't have the removable side plate on the bin I see in the new photos.

Are the cases falling too fast and jaming each other or is a case falling sideways and jaming the funnel. Are the case not falling imediately when the U hole clears the side of the case feeder?

Are you lubing the cases before you put them in the feeder?

I use my one and only case feeder for 9mm, 45 acp, .30 carbine, .223, 6.5x55, .308, 30-06 and 8x57. 30 carbine gave me problems before I found out I had to raise the plate by adding a washer under the center hub. All others have feed without issue.
One will fall or bounce sideways, then the rest pile on top till it's raining brass. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top