JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's called neck uniforming, I believe.

google turns up a little - http://yarchive.net/gun/ammo/case_neck_uniform.html

That article does indicate that it could weaken the neck, as I read it. He was addressing very highly specialized bench rest shooting with highly specialized and precision chambers.

I don't see where it applies to us, other than to perhaps shorten the life of the brass for reloading. He does mention that it could split.

That article does indicate that it could weaken the neck, as I read it. He was addressing very highly specialized bench rest shooting with highly specialized and precision chambers.

I don't see where it applies to us, other than to perhaps shorten the life of the brass for reloading. He does mention that it could split.

I don't know. That's what it is, chose for yourself if it's worth the time/reduced case life.

I learned about it trying to find accurate cast loads for a 30-30, I don't remember if the dude did any testing on whether or not it was worth while.

Here is the article: http://www.castbullet.com/shooting/accu.htm

The idea is that brass stretches and becomes longer when fired. I case length resize to be sure the brass is the correct length, partly so that the crimping tool will do a uniform job, and partly for fit in the case.

That looks like it's designed to ream the thickness of the metal in the neck, not trim the length. I've never seen it before. What am I missing?

From the picture in the link, the trimmer looks the same as the cutter for the regular RCBS case trimmer. The pin-like object that comes down from the top may be for deburring/chamfering the outside edge. I'm not sure how they do the inside edge.

Description from Cabela's:
An innovative three-blade head configuration precisely trims cases like a standard cutting tool. But, in addition to cutting your cases to length, inside blades also chamfer the case while an outside blade deburrs it. Trimmer sol separately.

elsie

From the picture in the link, the trimmer looks the same as the cutter for the regular RCBS case trimmer. The pin-like object that comes down from the top may be for deburring/chamfering the outside edge. I'm not sure how they do the inside edge.

Description from Cabela's:

elsie

Could be. As I said, that's new to me. :)

Does it appear that you have to buy a separate one for each caliber, for $43 a pop?

Yes it does, but there aren't a lot of caliber's available, it seems. But a .30 trimmer would cover any case that uses a .308 diameter bullet. I might try one to see how well it works.

elsie

I could see something like that for the AR-15 too if a guy blows through a lot of rounds. It would be well worth it, imho.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top