JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK fixed it. That gave me a pretty good laugh.

Yup. The link kinda helps....

Havent tried this particular one but should be no different than hornady one shot or citric acid and dawn dish soap... It works to clean brass... But not as clean as ultrasonic and not shiny like tumbling...

I use citric acid powder in my ultrasonic then tumble it to shine.... Lots cheaper...

The hornady one worked similar to citric acid and citric acid is much cheaper. I would say it is better than nothing. All depends on what clean means to you...

If it is anything like the Birchwood Casey case cleaner, it works pretty well, but it is a must if You use a vibrating tumbler. it takes the oils and alot of the crud that makes Your walnut shells from turning dark out and tumbles clean faster

it takes the oils and alot of the crud that makes Your walnut shells from turning dark
I have often wondered about this. Does it really keep the walnut shell cleaner and what happens to the oils and crud? Do they stay in suspension or deposit on the walls of the tumbler?

I purchased a ultrasonic tumbler from harbor freight yesterday. Gonna give that a try for cleaning small amounts of brass and barrels.

Gunfreak,
As far as the Orange Turbo, read the MSDS. It will tell you exactly what is in the stuff.
However, with the ultrasonic cleaner, give it a try on non-galvanized steel with some oxidatilon blems before you put your barrel in it. It would suck if it it caused a reaction or had some other adverse effect, like putting an enamel clear coat over a lacquer paint on your car. For example, if the solution has phosphoric acid, it will give an extremely thin phosphate layer on bare steel.
On walnut - I just buy the 25# bags from Coastal Farm (I think $19). When it's a dark gray I throw it out and put in new.

Looking at the link, an ad was on the side for a media separator. Do any of you use one? I just keep the lid screwed on, turned over my vibrator and shake the media out into an old roast pan. Then pour it back in after removing the shells.

Here's a link to the separator:
<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews