JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I normally preferable to go in this order.

Deprime (I use a Lee Punch and anvil set and do it by hand)

Tumble (this gets the cases clean prior to the next steps)

scrape primer pockets and wire brush the insides of the neck

lube

resize

trim to length

champher

I always tumble after sizing, trimming and chamfering. It's a pain in the butt picking media out of the flash holes but when I'm done I have clean ready to use brass.

I deprime all brass using a redding universal depriming die (It stays setup in my old RCBS partner press), and then resize (either full or neck depending). After they have all been resized and trimmed (if needed), it's off to the ultrasonic bath for cleaning. Then after they are clean and dry I dump them in the case feeder and load 'em up!! With ultrasonic cleaning I don't have to mess with primer pockets or neck cleaning. The brass comes out like it was brand new!

I put the wet brass in a towel and shake back and forth for a few minutes then put them in a loading block upside down and let them air dry for a day or so. I've always got brass to process so the day or two wait doesn't bother me!! :)

I deprime (lee universal), ultrasonic, dry, lube, resize. Trim if needed.

For ultrasonic/drying. I use my shoe rack in the dryer w/ a towel layed over it. Works great. I used to put them in the other on an old pizza pan.

As for the media, I use the fine ground walnut shells. It's small enough that it doesn't get stuck in the primer hole in my experience. A fellow I know uses the stainless steel media and that stuff works fantastic. He cleans after sizing and the brass, including the pockets, come out looking like new. Thinking about going that direction one of these days.

I put the wet brass in a towel and shake back and forth for a few minutes then put them in a loading block upside down and let them air dry for a day or so. I've always got brass to process so the day or two wait doesn't bother me!! :)

I do likewise with the towel and then anneal the cases. Very dry after they cool off from the annealing (I don't "dunk").

I use SS pins instead of the ultrasonic method but similar results.

I can clean and anneal in the morning and have the cases loaded the same afternoon.

I deprime, tumble with stainless steel, hot water and Dawn dishsoap usually over night in a Thumbler's. Then separate and dry. The brass, including the primer pockets comes out looking like new. Then I size and if necessary, trim.

For me it depends on the brass. I do all my case prep on a progressive. depriming priming, and sizing that is.

Pistols
I almost always stainless tumble then deprime, Bell, prime. Not worried on the flash hole tbh

Rifle with my own brass
For non target plinking
Stm tumble, deprime and full size, prime, then toss in walnut media to get case line off. Followed by trimming if needed and all that.

For brass that's new to me, stm tumble, deprime and full size, tumble again usually stm. After that its inspect the primer pockets for crimped and primed.

For target loads its stm, deprime and size, tumble again, prime, ect

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top