JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, this one is GOING to happen.

The fault has snapped about every 300-400 years for the past 20,000 years or so.

The last one was in 1702... we're due for another.

I found their guesses to which bridges will fail and passes will get land slides to be very interesting (all of them for the most part) Their estimate for aid in the "remote areas" which translates to anything but downtown is 3 weeks. So I figure double it, which leaves me ok in a 6 week situation but I need to stock up on some more so I can help the neighbors out. (Yeah Im one of thoes that is acctually planning on helping my neighbors.)

But some of the really crazy stuff was how well stick frame homes hold up to a 9.0, the pictures of the 1964 alaska 9.0 are amazing.

Yep, if there's something worth getting prepared and paranoid about, it's this.
Three weeks is optimistic if it happens in winter- at least rainwater will be abundant. It would basically require a military mobilization from California, Idaho, Nevada and Utah. It would probably be easier to get gear and large equipment to Seattle and PDX by ship and barge-at least anything that couldn't be airlifted/airdropped.
I spent the better part of a week waiting for water trucks to show up in the "rural" bits of the SF Bay Area. People learned that installing rainwater collection tanks was pretty inexpensive and could double as a firefighting source for summer fires.
Water, shelter, food, medicine (antibiotics and other prescription stuff you currently take) and a decent instruction course on how to use it all.
Most of these reports don't mention social unrest but hint at it....I'm certain that there are more detailed contingency plans in somebody's files for that.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top