JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Are you preparing for a Cascadia Rising-type event?

• Yes! It is of primary concern!

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Yes, though it is of a secondary concern.

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • Yes, but I am so far away from the major impact area that it isn't a big deal.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • No, I am not, because [fill in the blank].

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I don't live in the PNW, so, no.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • I think being completely unprepared is a brilliant plan for all eventualities.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Um, wut iz duh (burp!) ques'n (bromp!) uh-gen?

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Six, (6) months water and food supply for SW OR USA. Limited paved road access. Low population density. Little or no political clout. Depending upon the time of year of a future massive 9+ Cascadia event, out of control small wildfires may becomes huge massive out of control town-devouring wildfires. After an earthquake of this size there will be ZERO large wildfire fighting infrastructure available. All such energy/infrastructure endeavors will get sidetracked into earthquake relief up North.

The Sum Of All Fears. Earthquake. Wildfire. Isolation. Natural Law. No food. No government relief. No hope. A depressive state of mind. Too many panicked sheeple. Too many deer rifles. Things COULD become interesting indeed! Yikes!!! Makes one wonder if a secret camouflaged family/friend bunker might be a good idea. Just hunker down and hide for a couple of weeks until the starvation sets in and the embers cool off. A horrible thought process but there you have it. More Yikes! Oh boy. :( :(

Six, (6) months water and food supply for SW OR USA. Limited paved road access. Low population density. Little or no political clout. Depending upon the time of year of a future massive 9+ Cascadia event, out of control small wildfires may becomes huge massive out of control town-devouring wildfires. After an earthquake of this size there will be ZERO large wildfire fighting infrastructure available. All such energy/infrastructure endeavors will get sidetracked into earthquake relief up North.

The Sum Of All Fears. Earthquake. Wildfire. Isolation. Natural Law. No food. Too many panicked sheeple. Too many deer rifles. Things COULD become interesting indeed! Yikes!!! :(

Keeping yer brush cut back also = clear fields of fire...

We years ago played mind games with whomever was sneaking onto our remote forest property. Black sewing thread threaded tight ankle high between trees. Did not do anything as it was not hooked up to anything but if a sneaker popped the thread, what would be the thought processes going on between the ears? What? Ankle resistance? Snap. What the F? Yikes ... what did I just cut? What is it connected too? Actually nothing.

The small range markers were also used with great fun in more open areas of the forest. Little small markers with numbers on them representing ranges. What was fun was having the little painted signs indicating large distances. Five hundred, six hundred. One way signs. About 6 inches square. Light color. The trespassers would certainly see the range markers. Those with evil intent would instantly realize what they were and what was implied.

Actually nothing, but they did not know that. Much fun phyck opps. :)

There are a lot of other sources for refined oil products that ship by barge. It will take a while to coordinate, but the logistics are pretty straightforward.

A lot of fuel is pumped through the pipeline down the I5 corridor, but in the event of a major earthquake, people would be doing little driving even if they had the fuel, since the roads would be impassable. That means that most liquid fuels would be used in reconstruction.

The logistics are similar to a military campaign. No use of existing infrastructure, haul the fuels to an ever-expanding "front" where the action (fresh relief effort) is, and supporting the area "taken" by the relief campaign. Military logistics 101.

There was a pipeline fire in Bellingham WA back in 1999 that killed 3 youths. I am assuming there will be fires and such when the pipelines rupture and spill their contents in a severe earthquake anyways all up and down the I-5 corridor.

There was a pipeline fire in Bellingham WA back in 1999 that killed 3 youths. I am assuming there will be fires and such when the pipelines rupture and spill their contents in a severe earthquake anyways all up and down the I-5 corridor.
I worked in natural gas for quite some time. We replaced a lot of old lines......with plastic lines:eek:. But I'm sure there are still many old lines still underground. And we inserted the plastic wherever we could,dig less ditches right?. Could shear the lines off easier?
If there is the Big One like they say,it will be the same as what has happened in LA. There will be every kind of leak you could imagine
Just light the gas off so you know where it is.;)

Just give me 6-7 months till I buy a house, is all I am sayin....:eek:

Here in Jefferson 51st we have a fair amount of vittles naturally it just depends how crazy the unprepared get. About 2-3 miles from a major river so we won't die of thirst and plenty of high ground to get away from any flooding. Oak by the million board feet, you just got to cut, buck and split.

Brutus Out
I got my house and am getting more ready. There are. Ton of migratory birds in the neighborhood and I hope most taste like likec KFC. Got a stream ,lake and big river near by so set for water.

Brutus out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads