JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi as I am new to Target Shooting, a question about the cartridges. I would think you can recycle them but if I can do I just put them in my recycle at home or send them some where else?
Thank you
MG
People who reload cartridges will value them more than your bin will. :)
Seriously, just tell us what calibers you shoot and I won't be surprised if a member near Beaverton will offer to take them off your hands.

At my range, I don't even pick up the calibers that I don't reload. The "brass hounds" will grab them.

Seriously, brass is of great importance to reloaders! Put it up on this site and you will make a friend!

Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to ask questions!:)

BTW, good avatar!

Hi as I am new to Target Shooting, a question about the cartridges. I would think you can recycle them but if I can do I just put them in my recycle at home or send them some where else?
Thank you
MG
Yes you can recycle them. You can take them down to the local scrap yard which is the proper place to 'recycle' them.

BUT..

You will find that yellow brass such (or even the shotgun empties) are going to be worth more to people who reload (clean AND dirty). You can get on average $.035 per 9mm all the way up to $1+ for 50BMG. Not saying these are actual prices but you can see how a few can add up quickly. There are many like myself who will go to a range and shoot 100 rounds only to come home with 150 pieces of brass. Something about that color catches my eye and makes me stop and pick it up..... Please Lord don't let me pick up anymore .40 brass, I have enough already...

A local metal recycler pays by the pound. Now figure out how many pieces it takes to make a pound, then you will see it's probably 3-4x+ more money to sell as reloadable on here...

Thank you for all the feed back. This is great. I was using 380 auto's, 32 S&W Long and 22 long ammo. I also picked up some larger cartridges from a rifle. There is a small price, target shooting with a new friend. Look forward in meeting fellow sportsman.
MG

I used to have one of those folding frame,fine mesh laundry hampers that worked great for shooting my rifles off of the bench. Now that they're all AR's, I use one of those "Strap-on" case catchers from Midway USA. It's OK and it was relatively cheap. :p

Most of my "Woods" hunting is done with 7.62x39 steel cased FMJ HP.

Last Edited:
Thank you for all the feed back. This is great. I was using 380 auto's, 32 S&W Long and 22 long ammo. I also picked up some larger cartridges from a rifle. There is a small price, target shooting with a new friend. Look forward in meeting fellow sportsman.
MG
By the way, I don't think any of us mentioned this yet, but rimfire cartridges are not easily reused. Almost no one reloads them. So the .22 cases aren't going to find a home easily. That might be one for the recycler.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top