JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it sounds like a great idea so they can easily removed but should keep them pretty well aligned upon putting back.
Another option would be to install pin (sized for small or large primer depending on caliber) that would allow setting empty primer pocket onto it but I like the magnet idea better for cleaner lines. If you're using magnets on both sides make sure they attract and don't repel! You could just put magnet in the primer pocket and glue metal strip onto shelf for attachment. May save a LOT of drilling.

I think it sounds like a great idea so they can easily removed but should keep them pretty well aligned upon putting back.
Another option would be to install pin (sized for small or large primer depending on caliber) that would allow setting empty primer pocket onto it but I like the magnet idea better for cleaner lines. If you're using magnets on both sides make sure they attract and don't repel! You could just put magnet in the primer pocket and glue metal strip onto shelf for attachment. May save a LOT of drilling.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing but was also considering that the magnets would center themselves and create a straight line across instead of just putting a case back and be misaligned. That would look crappy.

Agreed that it needs to be fairly precise positioning of cases or it'll decrease the "wow" factor. It could be a thin metal strip that's only as wide as the magnet imbedded into the shelf (cut with dado blade or router for groove). I think this would create a pretty decent appearance line, probably as good as a mating magnet or pin would. The extended male pin would give the best repositioning but may cause problems if blunted to fit in primer pocket.
You could make a small test shelf first to see how they snap into position on it.
The thin metal strip could also be a little embedded giving a slight groove with the magnet a little proud in the primer pocket to ensure it sits on a straight line.

Maybe using one of those devices for magnetizing & degaussing a screwdriver would also work on the brass. :rolleyes:

Recently received another batch of cartridges from a member on another board, thanks Randall!
There are some that will really compliment this collection. I've got to stop with procuring and get busy on the display case… Will update soon.

B30A01B1-ED60-40F2-9F14-4370A89C2C0F.jpeg

Another update folks.
I just received the last of the cartridges that I'm going to include in this project because it has exploded. I have never thought that I would have to build such a big box for this display so I might have to alter/rearrange and even remove some of the awesome cartridges that I've received.
The last cartridge is by far the largest and most captivating of all. It will set the tone.
Thanks BMGMAN!!!

60CDF882-4E31-422E-A29D-79EE90436ABF.jpeg C873B7F6-8068-4AA7-89D8-B2C856333F60.jpeg

DANG!!! You're going to need lag bolts if that's going on the wall. 🤣

I know that you've received some 8mm bullets and have more on the way, but I can seat more of the ones that I sent if you need. I'm set up for it.

DANG!!! You're going to need lag bolts if that's going on the wall. 🤣

I know that you've received some 8mm bullets and have more on the way, but I can seat more of the ones that I sent if you need. I'm set up for it.
Thanks but I got the 8mm fiasco all taken care of. :s0143:
That's what I'm taking into consideration with the construction of said box.
And the other problem that I have is labeling, I wish I had a newfangled engraving tool. Do you know the ones that you program, stick the thing in their press a button and PFFFFTTTT, done… :p

Another update folks.
I just received the last of the cartridges that I'm going to include in this project because it has exploded. I have never thought that I would have to build such a big box for this display so I might have to alter/rearrange and even remove some of the awesome cartridges that I've received.
The last cartridge is by far the largest and most captivating of all. It will set the tone.
Thanks BMGMAN!!!

View attachment 1395410 View attachment 1395411
Kind of amazing ain't it? I've been studying about firearms and cartridges since I was about 12 years old. I still find new ones. You would think somebody would have figured out a way to standardize it by now but where's the fun in that?

I see the .348 in there, better keep it or my grandfather will turn over in his grave. :D

I like how you polished them all.

I like woodworking so maybe I will make one of the twelve calibers that I shoot.

Looking good Caveman.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads