JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hope this guy gets caught soon. My guess is its some punk with daddy's shotgun bored on a summers eve. When they catch him it will be "but my little johny didn't do nuttin":mad:

Care to take a ride out around the Gilchrist/Crescent areas? You might change your position on this!

Prinetucky??
(Prineville)

I don't think it matters what part of the country or the world where you live.... There are always folks doing something stupid and or crazy in any "neck of the woods".

Remember that fool around here that was chain sawing trees down into the paths of traffic there for a while?
people these days

It would be nice wouldn't it; just go for a drive, eat dinner, or shop with your family without going to points A, B, &C, without pulling passive security or without driving defensively?

Those days are long gone; "get in and get out before the confusion starts..".
:s0022:

I wonder where abouts on canby marquam hwy, the canby rod and gun club is right next to it, just south of canby. They also do nights with clay shooting.

It would be much more helpful to know the actual section of road where the shooting is occurring. The canby-marquim hwy is a long stretch of road. My girlfriend has been following this as we drive thru this area regularly. Wouldnt be suprised if its someone who is loosing their home because of the expanding housing market in canby and very few new jobs. Or we can blame hillbillies and meth...
Canbys population is growing in huge leaps as massive housing developments are finished. Clackamas county is surely adding alot of housing but not adding jobs on a local level, this is an equation for negative things to occur more regularly. The local people cant keep up with the income of people for other major cities who move to oregon for a better life, but bring big city ways of thinking to towns like Canby.
On the other hand its probably some punk kids, with no brain in their head.

It would be much more helpful to know the actual section of road where the shooting is occurring. The canby-marquim hwy is a long stretch of road. My girlfriend has been following this as we drive thru this area regularly. Wouldnt be suprised if its someone who is loosing their home because of the expanding housing market in canby and very few new jobs. Or we can blame hillbillies and meth...
Canbys population is growing in huge leaps as massive housing developments are finished. Clackamas county is surely adding alot of housing but not adding jobs on a local level, this is an equation for negative things to occur more regularly. The local people cant keep up with the income of people for other major cities who move to oregon for a better life, but bring big city ways of thinking to towns like Canby.
On the other hand its probably some punk kids, with no brain in their head.

What they've been saying on the news is "near Molalla", that's as close to an actual location on the road as I've been able to get.

near the intersection of S. Canby-Marquam Highway and S. Barnards Rd.

Sheriff's Office investigating vehicles hit by alleged gunshots south of Canby - 08/07/17

The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office is investigating a series of incidents in which vehicles were damaged by alleged gunshots south of Canby. Deputies have determined that the incidents took place near the intersection of S. Canby-Marquam Highway and S. Barnards Rd.

Passing vehicles have been struck by apparent gunfire in four reported incidents in the last month. The Sheriff's Office is seeking tips and additional possible victims.

Deputies have spoken to residents in the area of the incidents, and are developing leads. Additional tips are sought from the public.

ADDITIONAL TIPS, VICTIMS SOUGHT

The Sheriff's Office is seeking additional victims and information in this case. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Sheriff's Office Tip Line -- by phone at 503-723-4949 or by using the online email form at https://web3.clackamas.us/contact/tip.jsp . Please reference CCSO Case #s 17-20840, 17-20816 and 17-19830.

Canby Rod n Gun Club

I definitely have hillbilly blood and raising. I am from the Appalachians. Very far from a redneck though. I can cook a squirrel I shot and eat off the land... ...and make a nice wage doing a professional job. The true hillbillies I know well are relations. They are essentially tribal in actuality. If you are an outsider, you will be treated with suspicion, with historical reasons. Hundreds of years of fighting extermination will kind of do that to you.

In my "tribe" so to speak there has been a multi-generational push for higher education and land ownership. My generation is the first to truly make our great-great grandparents dreams a reality. Most all of my cousins hold multiple degrees, can build an instrument from scratch and cook up a mess of squirrels. And while there are situations that could get you shot at, I think of my ancestors and family as being rather gun safe and desiring no close looks from the law. We are taught to be "grey men" our whole lives. The stories of hundreds of years of betrayal make us suspicious of government and desire to keep to ourselves.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top