JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger LCP in rear pocket. I do not even know it is there. Not the greatest caliber but it does so well on a motorcyle ride. My friends did not even know I had it in my back pocket.

I personally would not put on my body while riding. In case I go down, it's going to do more damage on the body.

Recommend tank bag or some sort.

I personally would not put on my body while riding. In case I go down, it's going to do more damage on the body.

Recommend tank bag or some sort.
That's kind of how I feel. Unfortunately i don't have much of a tank on my current bike to do that. Probably just going to have to have it in my backpack. I'll just have to find a safe place to transfer from bag to holster whenever I get where i am going.

Don't use a tank bag. If you go down, and you will, that bag will probably be separated from the bike.
I've tried a variety of carry methods that work for me but may not work for you. It depends on whether you CC, OC, body type, gear you wear, style of bike because of body position, type of gun, etc.
If you can give more details we can be of more help.
I normally carried on my hip either iwb or owb. Iwb was for when I was cc.

I stopped riding after my first and only crash. A drunk driver was on the wrong side of a divided road and we had a head on collision.
Ended up in the icu with
Broken radius w/compound fracture
Dislocated radius at both ends
Tore muscle off elbow
Broke eight ribs
Both lungs collapsed
Tore acl, pcl, lateral ligaments, meniscus
Ripped off hamstring
Fractured femur and tibia
Tore peroneal nerve.

Spent 2.5 months in a wheelchair and now use a cane. I have to wear a brace on my leg for the rest of my life because I can't lift my foot or my toes. It just hangs there.

But I'm still alive. My Shoei Qwest saved me. That and some blood volumizer at the scene.

Safe riding and carry on!

I'm thinking IWB at about 5 o'clock will work. I'm going to buy an alien gear and see how it works for me since they're cheap.
Hope it works for you. One piece of advice, just make sure it isn't making contact with your spine. Also make sure you cannot slide it from the 5 o'clock to your spine.

I don't ride street bike, but when I ride dirt bike, I carry my Glock AIWB (appendix inside the waistband). I've never had a problem with the pistol moving or falling out. Given the mechanics of going down, I think that is a relatively good place to put the pistol. I know not everyone can carry AIWB... my brother in law carries about 3 o-clock outside the waistband and it works for him. I prefer to keep the pistol on me. If I need it out in the woods, I probably don't want to have to unzip a bag, find it, and unholster from there. Wearing Kydex holsters allows me to wash the dirt out afterwards.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top