JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The shame of it is this,,, they had to write a law to protect those that are so stupid that they carry a revolver with the hammer back on a loaded round, a bow with the arrow knocked or a rifle with one in the chamber. Yes I detest a nanny state where the stupid gets broad brushed painted across all of us due to the actions of those that should have, through selective genitics, already been gone by now.

We are breeding a race of idiots that survive only because we bubble wrap them, much to the detriment of us all.
PS I have one on my side right now, don't let the antis read this though.

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.

James Madison

Well... In a way it DOES come down to "public opinion" in a court of law. Have we all not seen a jury of our "peers" determine some crazy verdicts in the past, despite the written law(s)?

I prefer not to leave it up to a jury of my "peers". If it has gotten that far, then it is really going bad for me, and I don't trust my "peers" that much at all. Indeed, just the opposite.

If the law is on your side, you can have a jury verdict overridden on appeal where judges decide on the law. Indeed, generally, if the law is on your side, you can often have the charges thrown out before a trial.

So yes, before going with what my "peers" say, I would ask a lawyer who is knowledgeable in this particular domain.

Why would anyone need a handgun at Sand Lake anyway?
Not like it's been overrun by meth heads and gang bangers.
Been there plenty of times, nothing but a bunch of white dudes harping on anything that takes race gas.

I carry when I'm riding remote backwoods but only because meth cookers are effing crazy and shoot at anyone.
It's not about need. :s0054:

One should be careful when reading laws and coming to conclusions. Most of us are not lawyers much less judges. What counts is what a court of law says the law means, not a court of public opinion.

The law says what it says in black and white, and plain english. It gets really tiresome to have people constantly arguing that what the law says doesn't matter, they will decide what it means via some inscrutable process in the courts. That kind of defeatism does no one any good. Unless the average person can understand what a law means in plain english it is worthless. And the courts have held time and again that unintelligible, confusing wording makes laws unenforceable. "Unconstitutionally vague" is the terminology used by the court in such cases. In this case there's no doubt what the law says, and if it's interpreted any other way any decent lawyer can get the charges thrown out. But by all means, check with an attorney if you have any doubt.

In my experience most people can't understand simple instructions much less the law.

When looking for loopholes or exceptions to a law that can result in a felony conviction at the least, I tend to err on the side of caution.

But you go right ahead and insist that that you can ignore all laws aren't understandable by Joe Blow on the street, and that you understand all others just fine.

Myself, I take a bit more cynical and cautious view of the law and the legal system.

In my experience most people can't understand simple instructions much less the law.

When looking for loopholes or exceptions to a law that can result in a felony conviction at the least, I tend to err on the side of caution.

But you go right ahead and insist that that you can ignore all laws aren't understandable by Joe Blow on the street, and that you understand all others just fine.

Myself, I take a bit more cynical and cautious view of the law and the legal system.

Loopholes? There are no loopholes here. Read the statute. It says exactly what it means in plain english. There's no magic there.

When did I say that all laws not understandable by "Joe Blow" can be ignored? What I said was that poorly written laws are often and easily overturned. But if that's what you got out of what I said it's no wonder that you are confused by the statute as written.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top