JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Without seeing your pack setup it's a little hard to advise but here are some ideas...

Instead of attaching your molle bag to the straps, can you attach it to the pack itself?

Is there a way you can attach a holster to the hip belt of the pack?

Take a look at the various RTI wheel setups from G Code. If you can figure out how to mount an RTI wheel to something, you can then mount any of a number of G Code or Safariland holsters to it. And a lot of other holster makers make theirs to be compatible with the RTI wheel

Use a fanny pack

people hike the pct without anything. guns really not needed while hiking. at best i carry a .380 for humans

The OP wasn't asking opinions about that, but whatever tickles your thigh.:rolleyes:
I personally have had encounters up close and personal with most of the 4 legged type. Bears, Bobcat, Lynx, Mountain Lion, Moose & Coyote.
Apparently you are in the minority, judging by the responses so far. :cool:

I'd attach a small pouch onto the hip belt. There are many available online. Look over the descriptions and materials carefully before you buy. You may need to modify it to make it secure enough to handle the weight.

Well, seems I have a bit more time to make a decision as my vacation request apparently didn't go through, and I'm three weeks out from vacation now instead of one. Seriously considering a S&W Shield, although 9mm defensive rounds are non-existent.

IWB or OWB has always worked well when I have a backpack on.
A good shoulder holster might work but depending on your backpack may impede your draw.
A good drop leg holster would work well and should be out of your way while wearing a backpack.

Get a Llama, both kinds.

and some bbq sauce

E861C64E-C983-4B56-8971-BC12F09F0296.gif

Looking for suggestions:

Previously I'd been carrying in a small molle pack that I rigged to hang on the front straps of my pack. It was convenient for sure, but as I found this past weekend, it places too much weight on my straps and I have two very uncomfortable pressure points on my back.

I'm looking at getting a S&W Shield for backpack carry, and I need some way to carry that's convenient and won't interfere with movement on the trail. What say you?
I've found that I can get my wife to carry a little more than I do. That way I'm free to look at the scenery and enjoy the air.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top