JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the ALIEN GEAR for my G29. Its a nice setup, and made nearby. But, as stated, removing your pack could be a disadvantage.

I also have a nylon chest holster from Amazon that works great for all but my revolvers.

As mentioned, when I ride I also carry.

Street bike it goes in my tank bag.
On my dirt bike, I have a MSR chest pack that said G29 fits in nicely with my phone and truck keys. Its zip tied to my chest protector, which insulates me from any impacts when (not "if") I fall.:D

In fact, we recently had occasion on a trail adventure where the G29 was a welcome companion. Finding this sign afterwards made us laugh.

View attachment 718960
I had that same sign in my backyard! No I'm NOT joking. Fish and Game ended up shooting the entire pack via helicopter after a lady had her poodle ripped from her arms...leash and all from a 4' tall alpha male. They are back again...they breed like rabbits- but not as brave as they used to be.

As others have said, look at HPG. Their kit bags distribute the weight very comfortably IF set up correctly. I have owned one for years and just saw a video on how to set it up right. I can carry pounds of stuff just fine.

HPG also makes load lifters that tie the weight of the kit bag into the stays of the pack, NOT the straps pulling on your shoulders. It technically clips into the straps, but the weight is bearing on your pack, and transferring to your hips. Something like a UTE would be good for general backpacking.

They also have molle on their hip belt, so you can use a safairiland holster will molle adapter if you want it on your hip, and can toss the pistol into the kit bag when dropping the pack.

For backpacking, fishing biking or any hands free carry this wood be my choice! Other makers might be as good as well.

Really tempted to get one of those for my Ruger GP100 6" revolver.

8-10-54.jpg

That's ok.
I'm no snowflake.

Neither am I, but when my hand is numb for a few minutes or the gun actually draws blood, that isn't fun. I like my 329 PD for the reason you mentioned; it is lightweight so you hardly know it is there, but man it hurts when I shoot it. My 460 magnum is a pussycat by comparison - but then it weighs twice as much and has a comp.

Another vote for Hill People Gear.

Trail running, fly fishing, backpacking, it's great.

I'm carrying either a Commander sized 1911 or a PD329. Can't beat it.

Another vote for the hill people kit bag, mine works awsome with or without a backpack. There also happens to be one for sale in the non firearm classafieds here.

For backpacking, fishing biking or any hands free carry this wood be my choice! Other makers might be as good as well.
This^^, I carry a GP100 in a Kenai chest rig from these guys. A little spendy, but you dont even know its there

I'll 3rd the Kenai chest rig. Great with any size pack. Unless it's too hot, I find a way to wear a jacket so I can use it instead of my IWB around town

my shield is so small I often carry it in a pocket holster in my cargo short pocket or regular pocket when hiking around. that works for me cc around town sometimes when I'm buzzing to the store or food or something.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top