JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sometimes I use a Blackhawk Check-Six leather holster to put at the 5 o'clock position. I like the angle of the pistol, and there's a lot of distance between the two holster loops, which distributes weight over a wider area. I pack with a hunting pack that has no "back" to it, but is like a really large fanny pack with shoulder straps. The pistol is accessible at all times.

A solid kydex holster with good distance between belt loops can also be a good choice. If exposed it's noiser in the brush, but if not exposed presents less friction against your clothing.

Holsters with closed or mostly closed muzzles are also desirable for me when the gun is on your backside. If you slip and fall or slide down a dirt embankment, you wont get your muzzle jammed full of dirt (or snow, and it happened to me one year).

I remember once I went day hunting with my younger brother when we were kids (I was 16).. more than three decades ago. I of course had a target ("beer barrel") sighted Browning Hi-Power in a Safariland belt rig and stupid had nothing for his 8" barrel sharktooth front sighted Ruger auto pistol.. you know the one. Well, since we had needle and thread even upon this day trip to the woods, he fabricated a "holster" out of a leg of his Levi's and afforded me the great opportunity to laugh at his folly upon his first attempted draw. what a dick

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top