JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20 yrs ago, I lived in Hawaii. I couldn't even carry a sling shot or a pea shooter straw!
After moving to OR, my first carry was a G19. Then I moved on and for many years my regular carry consists of:
HK 45C, HK P30sk or a Kahr PM9 for pocket carry. Selection depends on where I am going and what I will be doing.

Same gun as last year. Bone stock Sig P365. Great little gun. Now I have probably gone through 5 holders to find one I like in that same time period......

20 years ago I was not carrying.

Off and on, mostly my S&W 66-3 2.5" for the last 20 years give or take a few years.
The speed strip is a more recent addition. DSCF1679.JPG

Questions...I got questions! :)

How does the P365 compare to the M&P, size wise and what is the capacity difference...err...but the P365 is a 9mm vs. .40?

Have you thought about dropping a match barrel into the M&P to see if you can improve the accuracy?

My current carry is a Gun 1, 4.25" M&P CORE with RMR and I'm pretty happy with it.

Questions...I got questions! :)

How does the P365 compare to the M&P, size wise and what is the capacity difference...err...but the P365 is a 9mm vs. .40?

Have you thought about dropping a match barrel into the M&P to see if you can improve the accuracy?

My current carry is a Gun 1, 4.25" M&P CORE with RMR and I'm pretty happy with it.
The size difference is substantial between the M&P and P365. Compared it to my previously smallest pistol, my XDS 40, and the M&P.

BfV_O85fSPio27PXdy6myQ (1).jpg

kUGhJEEvSwKb4xRHI5_QsQ.jpg

I tried swapping uppers and barrels between my two M&P40c and even ordered a new barrel from S&W and just was not happy with the accuracy. I even installed an Apex sear and did some polishing to get the trigger very nice. That, and the fact that it just didn't feel as good as the G19 and P365, cemented my decision to upgrade. I think the reason was because the magazine extension is just too flat. I looked for something like a Pierce adapter with more of a curve to really lock in my grip, but never found anything. I did try an X-grip adapter to use the full-size 15rd mags and that felt really nice, but made the gun pretty big.

I still have the two M&P40 compacts as they are fine pistols.

For years I carried a Glock 32 and a Keltec P-32, close to 20 years for the Glock, since the P-32 came out for the Keltec. Recently I've had some shakeup in that. I seem to have now settled on a Sig P365XL+Romeo Zero, and I have a 365 SAS I'm considering if I want a backup.

Twenty years ago I was still carrying my Para P12-45.
I sold it when I got the Dan Wesson Bobtail I've carried most of the time since then.

Thirty years ago I was carrying a S&W Model 60 in a shoulder holster. Last year I started carrying a 60-15 OWB.
Little guns are always easier to carry.

Twenty years ago I was still carrying my Para P12-45.
I sold it when I got the Dan Wesson Bobtail I've carried most of the time since then.

Thirty years ago I was carrying a S&W Model 60 in a shoulder holster. Last year I started carrying a 60-15 OWB.
Little guns are always easier to carry.
I've appendix carried my little 5-shooter every single day for about the last 25 years. About every year I knock the sideplate off and give the gubbins the what for. When I have a hankering I'll add a Fobus pancake holding a duty type 9mm 4:00 to keep the little one company.

Twenty years ago I didn't carry, but had a gun safe installed in my truck. Always had my S&W Model 65-4 in it. Times have changed. Heck they'd changed back then but :s0116: my wheel gun.

Been through several carry pieces, started with a 1911, then the Military made me carry the Beretta M-9 ( which I loved) then swapped us over to the 1911 delta elite for a few years, then back to the M-9, and finally the SIG M-11! Since 2008, I have carried some version of the 1911, ether my Colt SXE, or my New Detective. Then in about 2016, I discovered the Double stack 1911's and have been rocking one of those ever since! Last year I was carrying a CK framed 2011 series with Caspian Colt style slide in 10 mm, and this year, I swapped over to the R.I.A. 10 mm Double Stack with Trit sights and love it!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top