JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A year ago, I was carrying a S&W M&P40c and pretty happy with it. It checked all of the boxes, except accuracy. Just couldn't get it to do much better than 2.5" at 25 yards, and it just didn't feel as good in my hand as my Gen 5 G19, which did an inch at 25 yards. So I carried either pistol interchangeably and was fine.

LaYcfNvRTQy2ThOX85sIkA.jpg

Then I noticed that the P365 was getting favorable reports regarding reliability and the bugs seemed to be worked out. I handled one in a gun shop and the guy had me try the 12-round magazine. It fit nearly perfectly. So I got one, then added the Hogue grip sleeve and have been happy since.

WmQ2N8WYTlml0t9r9WxzLw.jpg

Thinking about all the way back to 2000 and what I was carrying then.

It was a full-sized Glock G31 .357 Sig. I had the slide hard-chromed, Tru-Glo sights installed, and a slip on grip added. Great pistol. Just didn't reload then and the ammo was scarce and expensive. Switched to .40 S&W pistols in various flavors for the next twenty years, until the I got the G19.

pBBviLubS1qDh0k39GW-SQ.jpg

Twenty years ago I was about to turn 15.
Last year at this time, I was primarily carrying a G30s, which I recently sold. Lately I have been carrying a Glock 42, and right now I am carrying an RIA FS Tac .45 1911 with pearl grips, as pictured in the "empty your pockets" thread:
Glock 42:
DA4FB56D-2BAD-407E-88A3-E7BE4421B399.jpeg
1911:
C136B0DA-E88E-4669-AF59-E5C3EA168992.jpeg

I'm carrying a 1911 as my edc again after about 12 years. The 1911 was the first pistol I ever shot accurately and was the only pistol I owned for a while. Out of college, my first job had me carrying a Glock 17. I learned to like it and after a couple years, decided to buy my first Glock, which was a 19. I carried Glock for about 10 years and then started to mix in some M&Ps since I was carrying one on duty. I got injured and had surgery in July of 2019. I took a temporary Pencil Pusher 1st Class job within the agency and I don't have to carry the issued firearm. So, I started carrying a Sig P229 and have gravitated back to a 1911. But, instead of an all-steel government model, I'm carry alloy framed commander with a bobbed grip.

I've been carrying for about a decade now. I switched from a gen 3 G26 to a gen 4 G19. Not very interesting, I know, but it works really well for me.

Naw, that's what a poncho liner is for, you can hide a lot under one of those things! :rolleyes:
Haven't gone back to the poncho liners, but I do ware larger shirts and no longer tuck them in. Carry smaller guns now too but have more to conceal, well at least above the belt. :s0062:

20 yrs ago l wouldn't touch or even consider any polymer striker-fired guns. I thought they were unreliable junk.
Times (and people) change and my modest stable is mostly made up of polymer pistols... still no Glocks.
20 yrs ago was probably a 1911. These days it's an HKP30sk.

Since the 70's its been a 1911. Method of carry changed when I got older and began to get more "round" :s0140:
In my youth it was often "Mexican Carry" as I liked tight jeans to show off the nice bod. So the full size GM never moved around on me. If I use a holster it was a belt slide. No longer have the shape or the jeans for the Mexican Carry so it's either belt slide or ISWB made for a lefty carried on the right side. When I did MC I carried the same way. Just learned to love the way the grip is in my hand when I reach behind for it. It was on old timer who showed me this one day. He carried an old war horse 1911 like that. It seemed really strange till I tried it.
When I don't want to hide the 1911 I still have a Kel-Tec 9mm I bought when one of my girls was leaving home to face the world over 15 years ago. Gifted her my last 5 shot .38 I used to use for "coat pocket carry". When I went to replace it sales guy talked me into trying the P11 and I was VERY dubious due to price. Damn thing still impresses me to this day. Of the two 1911's I own now one belonged to Father who has long since passed on. Think of him every time I carry it. He carried it at work for a long time. It shows the wear of all the years of being packed around. :cool:

Still carrying my Series '70 Colt in .45acp....been my main carry gun / house gun since my dad gave it me , over 20 years ago.
This was the first handgun that I shot....I like the design and it works for me.
Andy

Well I have only been carrying for about 10 years. Mostly a kahr k40. But when is cold out I sometimes carry a p226. Never had any issues with either one. Love them both even though they are pretty different.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top