JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, so I'm going out to Goldendale, WA in about a month or so to help my friend clear out some land. There's rattle snakes and such out there so he carries a .22 rifle with him, but I'd like to take a handgun with me so we're always prepared for them or anything else. I'm only 19 so I don't qualify for a CPL, but I know if I wanted to, or at least I'm sure I could, I could OC or CC on my own property. What about carrying it OC on his property? What would I need to do if say a Police Officer came out to the property and I was OCing? I just want to make sure I do it as legal as possible. Thanks guys!

First off ask the police officer for his warrant for being on private property.

Second Private land is private land. As long as the property owner is cool with you packing you can pack. At 19 your old enough to own a handgun pre federal law as well as buy a handgun from a non dealer.

Unless Washington has a law about ownership under 21 then you should be fine.

I had seen the link and gone over it but didn't see anything about being on someone else's property. It says my own property.

Right from the link in this thread,

The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:
(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;

Which sounds exactly like what you describe.............

Are the snakes really that much of a problem? Seriously, leave the snakes alone- they're keeping the rodent population down. Carry your .22 so you can plink at things now and then, but you don't need to kill everything that moves.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top