JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My question is why would you volunteer the info that your gun is loaded? If you do not tell them they will not know. They do not have probable cause to search your weapon to see if it is loaded. Do they automatically assume you are a lawbreaker.

My question is why would you volunteer the info that your gun is loaded? If you do not tell them they will not know. They do not have probable cause to search your weapon to see if it is loaded. Do they automatically assume you are a lawbreaker.

The second question is rhetorical,right? Cause that is their job,to think you are guilty of suppon.They need to write tickets

Now if you have a firearm on a vehicle,I would ASSume that gives then probable cause.

SECTION 6. ORS 821.240 is amended to read:
821.240. (1) A person commits the offense of operating a snowmobile or an all-terrain vehicle
while carrying a firearm or bow if the person operates any snowmobile or all-terrain vehicle with
a firearm in the possession of the person, unless the firearm is unloaded, or with a bow, unless all
arrows are in a quiver.
(2) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to a person who is licensed under ORS
166.291 and 166.292 to carry a concealed handgun.
(3) As used in this section, "unloaded" means:
(a) If the firearm is a revolver, that there is no live cartridge in the chamber that is
aligned with the hammer of the revolver;
(b) If the firearm is a muzzle-loading firearm, that the firearm is not capped or primed;
or
(c) If the firearm is other than a revolver or a muzzle-loading firearm, that there is no
live cartridge in the chamber.
[(2)] (4) The offense described in this section, operating a snowmobile or an all-terrain vehicle
while carrying a firearm or bow, is a Class B traffic violatio

Interesting. It sounds as though average Joe (non CPL-holder) can carry a semi-auto handgun with a loaded magazine so no as there's not a round chambered. Was this always the case? Or am I misreading?

WA changed their "poaching" regs a few years ago. How that basically ended up, if you are carrying a handgun for self defensive purposes while recreating, you are fine (CPL or no CPL). If the handgun is the weapon you are hunting with, then the anti-poaching F&W regulation may come into play...

It sounds like OR has done something similar, but not exactly the same. Sounds like you need your CPL on you.

Think about it this way: If you have a .460 Roland with a scope and 8" barrel, are you really carrying that for self defence? If you had an unloaded rifle with you you might get away with it, but most often the Roland would be a hunting weapon, not a self defence weapon...True?

If you had a 9mm compact on your hip, I doubt someone would give you a whole lot of grief (again, especially if you had a rifle with you also).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top