JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
According to the law quoted above, it is just a class B traffic offense. This means it is basically a $300 speeding ticket! It is the same class as speeding 21-30 mph over the limit.

Concealed means concealed, but at the same time, the penalty is basically harmless.

According to the law quoted above, it is just a class B traffic offense. This means it is basically a $300 speeding ticket! It is the same class as speeding 21-30 mph over the limit.

Concealed means concealed, but at the same time, the penalty is basically harmless.

$300 is a lot of money to me.

$300 is a lot of money to me.

Spending time in jail like you would for illegally concealing without a permit is much more severe of a penalty. If i felt that my life was at risk going out on an ATV, I would think the life of myself and my family was worth the chance at a $300 fine. Are you/your family not worth that much?

Forgot i started this thread....

So i can have an Unloaded gun on you and be ok? I just ride up in the woods so im not worried about it being concealed... Id open carry it if i was to carry it...

At the current time unloaded is the way to go. But things may change in a few days...

Should HB 2792 not be vetoed Gov. Kitzhaber by 8/8 or 8/9 it will take effect immediately with or without his signature. I am not certain how 7/4 is counted for the 30 days he has to sign or veto a bill after adjournment, the Oregon constitution only excludes Saturdays and Sundays. So at the latest we should be ok to carry on the 9th assuming he does not veto.
Should he sign it it will take effect the day he signs it.

So hopefully we are going to get to carry loaded on ATVs etc. with our CHLs soon!

Please let me know if I understand the rules wrong.

For what it is worth, I took a hunter ed. course this month and spoke privately with a Oregon State Policeman speaker (OSP does game warden duties in Oregon), who told me during a break he wouldn't care about a handgun carried concealed on an ATV or motorcycle by a CHL holder. UNLESS it had a scope on it or was obviously being used for hunting. A 1911 or other typical SD weapon wouldn't bother him.

On principal I agree with you; however, in the context of this thread and what is legal in the eyes of the state they want you to carry a club.

What is legal in the eyes of the state and what is right are often two very different things. I tend to err on the side of what is right and really don't give a rat's *** about what the state wants.

HB 2792 was signed today by Gov. Kitzhaber. Since the law declares an emergency it takes effect on passage.
CHL holders may now carry loaded on ATVs etc.
I hope this will make its way down to the appropriate LEOs without much delay.

Since I am not a lawyer this is only my personal view. If there are any lawyers out there that disagree with my interpretation please let us know!

HB 2792 was signed today by Gov. Kitzhaber. Since the law declares an emergency it takes effect on passage.
CHL holders may now carry loaded on ATVs etc.
I hope this will make its way down to the appropriate LEOs without much delay.

Since I am not a lawyer this is only my personal view. If there are any lawyers out there that disagree with my interpretation please let us know!

Wait so What your saying is a law was passed to day allowing ME (also a CHL holder) to carry my Loaded Glock on my side and ride my quad at the same time... legally???

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top