JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went out and bought a holster for my Sig P220 Carry Stainless Elite today. I bought a Galco Summer Comfort IWB holster since I have become so fond of that holster with my 1911's. Of course I tested out the new gun before hand. I was in a huge hurry so I only got to fire off 32 rounds but that was enough to make me sure that no obvious defects were present in the gun. I was not too worried...it is a Sig after all. :)

This gun is called the "carry" model but it is still a pretty big gun. It is also pretty heavy. It is a full 4oz. (1/4lb.) heavier than my Colt Combat Commander...so it is like having an extra Big Mac strapped to your hip. Still, with this holster and my Galco Instructors belt it seems to wear pretty comfortably. It holds the gun fairly high and keeps it very close to my body. Even the large grip frame does not seem to present much of a printing problem (FYI: The Carry model is a shortened slide on a full sized frame). It does create a small bulge at my hip bone but the billow of the sweatshirt covers it pretty well.

I just bought tickets to see "Clash of the Titans" tonight so sitting in a movie theater will be a good comfort test. It will gets it first full day of carry at work tomorrow.

P220Carry1.jpg

P220Carry2.jpg

P220Carry3.jpg

That carry position doesn't look comfortable, but whatever works for you I guess. How much larger are the waist in those pants than normal ones?
It is actually very comfortable. You can sit, stand, bend, and move with no poking.

The pants are probably about 1"-2" larger than they need to be. They are from when I was about 15lbs heavier.

If history has taught me anything about the penguin then I forsee this nice stainless elite comming up for sale soon.

In the meantime, enjoy the sig.

Edit........ Sorry I thought this was the thread about the Unshaven disheveled guy form Medford that was taken in for a psych evaluation....

Never mind..... :p

:s0140:

Oh, I've got to go into Maybels and ask for the guy from Medford!:s0114:

I went into GB in Clackamas this afternoon and looked at a similar 220, not as nice as yours... it's a pretty big gun...ended up putting a deposit on a used P45 for summer carry.

Enjoy it sir, it's a dandy!

Will

I picked up a barely used Sig P 239 .40 for $525 with 2 mags n case... Best gun iv bought. it is a lil heavy though, but im getting used to it.. Summer carry may be a lil hard with this, one.. so Im gonna buy a Taurus PT 709. and carry that in the summer. But the sig is an amazing gun

The Sig 220, traditional model, has an alum/alloy frame. The stainless Sig 220s I've had, always have had full stainless construction, so they are a little heavier. I preffer the standard 220 for concealed carry, purely due to the weight. I do like the look of stainless, thanks for showing off your new piece.

I've carried full sized handguns for over 20 years and never complained, (BHPs/1911) especially when it was time to actually have to draw one

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top